Intermittent Music Stops and Disappearance of Roon Ready Devices from App (ref#AWFQLY)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

I'm having trouble connecting to Roon

What type of connection issue?

Sometimes I can connect, sometimes I can't

At random while listening on the m10 the music suddenly stops and all the roon ready devices including m10, powernode, vault and wiim pro plus will vanish from the app. However their still listed as available airplay devices I can enable. After, anywhere from a few seconds to many minutes, they will suddenly reappear and I can resume playing. This is recent maybe the last 2 months or less.
The devices are still accessible from their respective apps. This has been happening for a few months we have stopped using roon as much as we would be liking to.

@Justin_McMurdo, can you complete the support information below, the additional information is useful in providing suggestions to address what you are experiencing:

Roon Server Machine

Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Your network gear (model of routers/switches) and if on WiFi/Ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.

Number of Tracks in Library

Tell us how large your music library is, eg. “30,000 tracks”

Description of Issue

Tell us about the problem you’re having in as much detail as possible. Screenshots are always appreciated!

Hi @Justin_McMurdo,

Thank you for the report.

We’ve activated diagnostics on your account to generate an automatic log report detailing any errors in RoonServer. Here’s what we can conclude:

In logs, RoonServer is reporting sample dropouts while attempting to stream to M10, and before that, dropouts with a group of non-Roon Ready Zones, as well. These dropouts are within the network, somewhere between RoonServer and the affected endpoints. The symptom would be a popup message staying something like “Too Many Failures,” but the Zone wouldn’t disappear.

Upstream of your RoonServer, the audio stream download from Tidal’s servers is timing out as well. This is most likely a result of bandwidth allocation or active throttling/filtering on the part of some network hardware or software. How is your RoonServer machine connected to the internet? Is it hardwired to the main upstream router?

We can also see logged failures with grouped BluOS-capable Zones on RoonReady that are consistent with an issue that the Bluesound team is co-investigating with Roon. We’re close to pinpointing the issue and you can expect that our Partners team and Bluesound will implement a solution from one side or the other soon. Updates on the resolution will eventually be posted here: NAD/Bluesound Grouped Zones out of sync, stopping playing, and/or skipping tracks [Investigating]

The symptom of disappearing and regenerating Zones is more consistent with a RoonServer crash loop. Do you ever encounter a “Waiting for RoonServer” screen or any other indication that the server is offline when these Zones disappear? Do you encounter slowness, hanging, or freezing in the app at this time?

Do you have a large volume of custom tags applied to your library, and in particular, are you applying the same tag to a large percentage of your Roon library?

Please also provide a brief overview of your network hardware and how its connected, per the template the moderators provided above.

We’ll keep an eye out for your response. Thank you!

Hi Connor. My usage hasn’t been normal lately. But I do have some screen recordings from Sunday evening showing the issue. Again it was inly the Bluesound/nad/wiim devices that dropped and returned. Note the wiim and ■■/NAD devices still worked via tidal connect and in the respective software no problem.

The server is hardwired to the router via a 10g fps+ line directly to the router. There is no QoS or other somewhere limits on bandwidth.

I can control the Sonos devices while the other devices are not showing up. Occasionally I do run into issues with the remote app not responding but it doesn’t ni correlate with the devices vanishing and reappearing.

There no customs tags I use in large amount or regularly.

Roon Server Machine

Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM)
Synology DS1821+
Ryzen v1500b
32gb Ram

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Your network gear (model of routers/switches) and if on WiFi/Ethernet

ASUS RTAX89X
Mesh network 3x Zenwifi XD5 All audio devices bind directly to the main router and not in the mesh. I have also tried hardwiring the devices and also have the same results.
Sonos Bridge (Sonos connects to SonosNet not main wifi)

Connected Audio Devices

Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.

Bluesound Vault Ethernet
Bluesound 2i HDMi Ethernet
NAD M10 Wifi/Ethernet
WIIM PromPlus Wifi/Ethernet
Sonos Amp Wireless SonosNet
Sonos is 5 x2 Wireless SonosNet
Sonos Play 3 x2 Wireless SonosNet
Sonos One x2 Wireless SonosNet
Sonos Symfonisk x2 Wireless SonosNet
Sonos Sub Gen 3 Wireless SonosNet
Google Hub Max Wifi

Number of Tracks in Library

NOTE: All firmware on all devices are updated. As of time of this reply.

Correction library is 46360 tracks

Hey Connor,
Just wondering if you had a chance to review this? I don’t want to thread to close again and be lost like the last time I tried to get help with this issue.

Just checking in again. I don’t want this post to close like the last one did without a resolution.

Hi Conor been 26 days since your response . Just checking in to see if you can find some time to help out.

Hey Connor just waiting to hear back. Trying to keep the thread from closing. Still very much needing help.