Intermittent Roon log-offs related to Qobuz?

I have been a Qobuz beta-tester mostly through Roon for the past week. Since adding Qobuz to my Roon account I have notoced that I am frequently logged out of Roon after a period of non-listening but still logged into Roon.

I just noticed this happeneing since adding Qobuz to my Roon account. No problems logging back in. Just an additional step.

Has anyone else experienced this? Might also be related to my server - I’m in touch with the developer.

@support
I continue to have this problem. Any thoughts?
Daniel Gale
cantorgale@gmail.com

@support
“Too many failures. Stopping playback.” I am constantly getting this error message on multiple tracks.
Daniel Gale
cantorgale@gmail.com

@support
I continue to have this problem. As well as below. Any thoughts?
Daniel Gale
cantorgale@gmail.com

Hi @Daniel_Gale,

Thanks for contacting us regarding this issue, I have moved your post over to the support category where we can better assist. From one of your previous threads, you mentioned that this was your setup, is the below information still up to date and current?

You mentioned that you are being logged out of Roon after an extender period of non-listening time, can you clarify how often this occurs? Does it happen after 24 hours of non-listening or more/less frequently? Are you certain that you are only using one Core at a time and do not have a Roon Remote possibly acting in “Core” mode?

When you are presented to log back in, what does the page look like? Are you first being presented with the login page or are you back on the “Choose your Core” screen?

Thanks,
Noris

Hi Norris. Thanks for prompt reply.
|### Daniel Gale <cantorgale@gmail.com>|6:40 PM (0 minutes ago)||

to Noris

|

Hi. So issues has changed somewhat. Now streaming Tidal/Roon and Qobuz/Roon I am frequently kicked off during listening sessions. Sometimes I can reconnect with having to log back in. Sometimes I have to log back in with Roon. Also, I’m getting the error that says “Track would load; Too many tries”. Also get the red Network error but the network is not the issue as usually just click back in without rebooting or making any changes.

Hmm…I often go from my laptop to iPhone with both logged in. Is that a no-no? One or the other - but not both logged in simultaneously?

Usually the regular login page. Only once did I get “Choose your core”.

Also, I don’t seem to get any of these issues streaming locally through my NAS. The Fidelizer Nimtira developer is working on this too. If you want to be in touch he is at lucifiar@gmail.com.

Thanks,

Daniel

Not sure what you mean by a Roon Remote acting in Core mode?

Norris - I have another question re my set-up.

Currently for my main system I’m using the Fidelizer Niimitra S server as Roon Core streaming to Modwright/OPPO Sonic DAC.

I also have a separate headphone system that I’d like to set up with Roon but it’s too far from the main system to connect to my existing core. It consists of a Schiit Modi 3 DAC and Bryston BDH-1 headphone amp. I currently stream Tidal and Qobuz direct to this system.

How would I set up a second Roon Core for this system? Would I need a streamer and a core (PC/Mac)? Could I use my existing Thinkpad (i7 64 bit Windows 10)? It has Roon downloaded onto it but I think I use it only as a remote and not core. Having downloaded Roon Windows 64 it appears that I can also use this laptop as a core. Is that correct? Would I log into Roon and select another Core? if so do I lose the Nimitra connections?

Thanks so much
Daniel

Hello @Daniel_Gale,

Let me address some of your points here:

Q ->

A ->
This should not be a problem, as long as both the laptop and the iPhone are pointing to the same Core, you can stay logged in to both and have multiple Roon Remotes control the same Core.

Q ->

A ->
It sounds like you might be having some general networking issues if this occurs often. Have you tried performing a full reboot of both your Core and networking gear to see if that helps? I would power everything off, wait 10 seconds for the current to fully discharge and then power everything on again.

Q ->

A ->
You would not need another streamer to set this up. I would suggest installing the “All-in-one” version of Roon on your Thinkpad (download link here) and then after installing Roon I would select the Niimitra as the Core from the “Choose your Core” page.

If you have the Thinkpad configured as a Remote and the firewall is set to allow Roon network access, then you should be seeing the Modi 3 and Bryston BDH-1 under “Networked” zones, here an example of what it should look like (although it will say Windows 10 instead of ROCK for you):

If your DACs are not showing up under the Networked section when trying to browse for them, then I would take a look at any other firewalls or antivirus applications that could be blocking Roon communication.

Thanks,
Noris

Norris. Thank you for your reply. I’ll try the Schiit set up soon. Unfortunately, I’ve spent all evening dealing with being knocked off Roon and having to re-login. Have you found some issue other then my network? I’ve rebooted several times but keep coming back to the same issue. Am getting more frequent “Track failed to load” or some other Roon interrupt message (just happened again now as I’m writing you.)

Thoughts?
Dan

Hi Norris,
I logged out of Qobuz and have not had any dropout all morning. Maybe this is an issue? I didn’t start having dropouts until I became a Qobuz beta-user and they continued now I am subscribed.

Are you finding similar issues with Roon/Qobuz users?

I’ll keep you posted.
Dan

Qobus was attacked by DDoS.
They are online again.

Hello @Daniel_Gale,

It is certainly strange that disabling Qobuz solved the issue with logging back in and out again. Please try to run the setup for a day or two and let me know if everything is still stable.

I have also gone ahead and enabled diagnostics mode for your account and what this action will do is next time your Core is active, a set of logs will automatically be generated and uploaded to our servers for analysis. If you experience any further issues please note the exact local time (e.g. 9:43PM) that the issue occurs at.

Thanks,
Noris

Thanks Norris. Will do. Continuing to work through the entire Talking Heads’ oevre without incident. Best

9.55 dropped connection. Reconnect without login. iPhone remote.

1.04 had to re-log in. Roon stopped playing. Maybe a time out? Does Roon do that? Thought it would go into Radio mode.

1.11p NETWORK ERROR MESSAGE on re login. No network issues as all other connected apps functional. I will reboot router and server.

1.27a bumped off again.

9.04a. Login/bump off;re-lon on

Hello @Daniel_Gale,

Thanks for letting me know that info. I am taking a look at the diagnostics from your Core and it is reporting that you do not have any more free space available on the Core. Are you able to use some sort of WebUI for the Nimitra to check the amount of space remaining? I have a suspicion that this could be the root cause of the issue where Roon is running out of space to buffer tracks.

Thanks,
Noris