Intermittent signal after stopping Live Radio?

I have recently made some changes to my system configuration that mean that I am using Live Radio to listen to the news instead of another app. Shortly after making the change I started noticing an intermittent crackling sound coming out of speakers in some zones after I stopped playing Live Radio, but not every time so the problem is difficult to reproduce. I can see the LED lamp on the relevant amp periodically flickering when this happens.

The station I am listening to is KCRW. I have not tested this with other stations to see if the same thing happens, but I am interested in learning whether there may be a reason that Live Radio could still be sending an intermittent signal after I stop listening to it.

Thanks.

No, I believe Roon disconnects from the station as soon as you stop the stream.

This sounds like something else in your system. Do you get the same issue after playing a track from your library?
I’m moving this over to the #support thread where @support will assist.

To give them some help, can you please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Sorry, I should have mentioned that I think it only happens after listening to Live Radio, which is why I posted the question, but I need to do some more testing to be sure.

Hi @Kurvenal,

In addition to the setup details, it would be good to know if other content can reproduce this or if you’re able to reproduce this with other endpoints. Thanks!

Hi Dylan,

Well, I just got the same problem after stopping music that I was streaming, so the problem is not with Live Radio. I am going to do some troubleshooting on this end since it only happens in zones powered with one particular kind of amp, but I will come back to you with more details on my configuration if I cannot locate the source of the problem.

Thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.