Internet Radio FLAC Stations Swap Meet

JB2 also seems to do some stereo-image widening (or crosstalk elimination) or something similar, I always feel the width of the stereo image is a little bigger when listening to it.

Or is it only in my head? :slight_smile:

I hear it too and I usually like it. I believe I read some time ago that many of the devices that generate or prepare the stream have some abilities to ‘enhance’ the sound. Why not, it would be the place, and trivial to add a little DSP on it’s way through the processing.

Watermarking can be done in any number of ways. Applying a bit of custom DSP at the source would be as good an option as any.

I’m receiving 404 error for the past two days. Offline for others?

When did JB Radio 2 go from FLAC 192kHz to FLAC 48 kHz?

Just a couple days ago. Perhaps the load just became to great for them to bear. It had been dropping out occasionally for me in the days prior to the change but has been solid since 48k was implemented.

Is the Radio Paradise feed only the main feed, or are their options for their other feeds (e.g., Mellow Mix)?

Only whatever they’re playing. Sometimes the flac feed is different than the 320k mp3 feed. Can’t select or change either as their app is required for this currently.

You have to wonder how much of that 192kHz was upsampling and how much was hi-res recordings.

1 Like

I think it’s all upsampled but it sounds great

1 Like

Just discovered Radio Paradise but am already a huge fan of JB Radio-2. Just wondered if this was the quality level (low quality?) everyone else gets through Roon??

Ignore me! I read this thread properly and answered my own question :slight_smile:
But now Roon doesn’t display the song playing :frowning:

Hi Robin. I actually emailed JB-radio2 and got this reply: “Hello Steve, our station runs under a very clever setup, this is the reason for commercial-free. I spend about a 100$ a month for hosting, streaming and licencing. Thanks and keep listening!!”

2 Likes

None of the FLAC streams seem to include ID tags, must not be part of the protocol oddly.

Is it still bass heavy EQed?

Yes, but currently both the 48khz and 320 MP3 streams are down.

They told me “Doing some updates, in a few minutes we’ll back online! Thanks” but that was a few hours ago now and it’s still down.

1 Like

Hi Steve,
I too noticed that JB Radio 2 was no longer displaying artist details after upgrading to their FLAC feed. As the same thing happened when I upgraded my Radio Paradise feed, I put it down to a possible metadata problem, although I’m certainly no expert on the subject.

Alex.

JB Radio2 is back up and running at 96kHz again.

1 Like

But not 192kHz :sob: