Introducing MUSE - precision audio control on the go

Hey @Torben_Rick -- I don't have timelines to share, but Brian talked about some of our plans here:

Improved DAP support is absolutely on our radar!

3 Likes

I made a preset called “Flat” and set everything to off including Headroom and Volume Leveling. That is my “Off” setting. Could have called it Off I guess.

1 Like

The notes say “MUSE automatically remembers your previous settings when you reconnect a known device. Or you can choose from one of your saved presets instead.”

Does this mean that if I use my phone to connect to car A via android auto or bluetooh, then connect to car B from the same phone, it will select the preset for car b?

Thanks @mike - Have a great WE

Torben

1 Like

Not sure about Tidal. The Android system supposedly asks if Tidal should have access to Gryphon when I run the application, but in the next step, Tidal is missing in the application selection (there is ARC and UAPP). iFi Gryphon shows 48k when playing music in HIFI and OFS quality (instead of MQA) when the album is Master. About OFS I managed to read here:

The preset works for my two different BT headsets so it should do the same if they register to it as different devices. Quite a nifty thing that it does this.

Thanks! Going to give it a try. Yes this is pretty cool. None of the android players I used in the past did this.

Haha I did the same thing! I suppose “OFF” or “EQ OFF” would probably make more sense. Not sure why though in ROON ARC they don’t just have a “TURN EQ OFF” toggle button or something.

1 Like

I love that EQ is now available in ARC and that settings can be applied in realtime to help tuning the sound by ear.

While MUSE might be a branding exercise, it might help make it less intimidating to new users. I also hope it means this will be an area of further R&D for Roon.

I have several challenges – one specific to me and the others are global:

1. Although I am happy with the sound of my IE900 without EQ, I am curious as to whether I can find any improvements. However, I can never find EQ (or AutoEQ) settings that adjust my IE900 such that they sound natural. The AutoEQ settings make vocals sound nasally and some instruments anemic, for example. The good news is that since MUSE is now in ARC, I am more motivated to experiment further!
  2. I wish that ARC’s remote playing capabilities were available in all Roon ready endpoints – especially now that MUSE is available. This would help in home & office or multiple home scenarios, for those lucky enough to have that problem. That said, most Roon ready devices have terrible UI/UX, so perhaps ARC can become that interface but all audio is native to the endpoint — somewhat like Tidal Connect.
  3. I feel that MUSE is still a product in transition, so I’ll give the Roon team some slack, but there needs to be a better way of loading EQ settings and synchronizing them between ARC and Roon Core. It would also be nice to provide the option of sharing them (EQ settings or perhaps even the entire Preset) with others in the Roon Community or installing from AutoEQ or other services. I think it has a lot of potential to positively impact many current and future users.
1 Like

When I first downloaded ARC it was amazing (being able to stream from your own library)! And then, something happened as each time I launch ARC I get a “Poor connection” message (although I am fiber connected), and thus cannot stream - This has been going on for several months now - I’m sure there’s an easy fix, right?

1 Like

Try ARC app > Home > Settings > Reset. Usually this helps with permanent “poor connection”. If not, install and reinstall the ARC app.

In either case you will lose any downloads you may have in the ARC app, though

1 Like

The reset has worked for me on a number of occasions including once again this morning…

You really should not to have to. There is something that really needs fixing if users keep having to do this.

4 Likes

Yeah. I thought that this might be an old issue left over from older versions that might still occasionally pop up even in newer versions (such as some broken config file or something like that), because personally I haven’t experienced this in a long time.

So I figured that a reset once with a current version might fix it for good.

But if it keeps happening for @PixelPopper, then this might not actually be the case

1 Like

I happen to live in a hilly area which is not served very well by mobile operators, so, I try a reset before anything else. Fortunately most of the time the reset works but not always.
In my case, support would be “chasing ghosts” trying to resolve an issue which may be due to local conditions. I am only an occasional ARC user and I don’t feel it’s worth the effort of waiting for a response from support if a response were to arrive at all.

3 Likes

Considering it’s affected lots of users I don’t think your mobile provider has anything to do with it this time. I had to reset as well to make it connect.

2 Likes

Thank you! it worked! … immediately I might add !

1 Like

Will let you know if the problem happens again …

1 Like

Hi @Suedkiez and @PixelPopper,

We’re tracking this issue internally, it’s definitely not normal behavior and symptoms have emerged for more users within the last two releases.

There’s a ticket in on our end and a Community tracking thread here: ARC: Poor Connection Popup after Updating to ARC MUSE release [Ticket In; Workaround by Reinstalling]

We should have more information soon. Users certainly shouldn’t have to reset or reinstall on update.

2 Likes

That’ll teach me to be less cynical (& thanks for the update & link) :joy: