Invalid Root making backups impossible to recover

Hi,

I’m playing on an Antipodes K50 musicserver/streamer.
Before the server is an Ansuz Acoustics X-TC network switch which is connected directly to the modem/router.

Normally after updating the Antipodes server, Roon sees it as a different server so i have to log in again and put back my Roon back-up. I never had any problems with making & putting back back-ups.

The Roon back-ups go to a folder i have made myself in the storage > music folder. So it’s on the SSD’s in the back of the K50, the same location where the music is located but in a separate folder. I have always done it like this.

After making a back-up, i make a folder and name it the day i made it & then Roon Back-Up.
For instance : “2022-01-28 Roon Back-Up”
And then i put the back-up in that folder so i can see the date of when the back-up has been made. The name of the main back-up folder remains unchanged.

But since the last V3.13 update from Antipodes, i can’t put back my Roon back-up anymore.
I have 4 back-ups, none of them work. I have tried copying one of the back ups to a new folder to see what that does, and Roon simply says : “No back-ups found, check the back-up folder and try again”

With the original 4 back-ups Roon says this strange message (i’m translating it from Dutch to English myself so Roon may put it slightly differently) : “An error occured with finding the back-up list (InvalidRoot). Check the folder of your back-up and try again”

What am i supposed to do?
I have added a lot of Tidal albums to my library and made a lot of Tags & Playlists, i don’t want them to be lost because of some unexplainable back-up fault.

I have made a screenshot of the message in Dutch i get when trying to make a back-up in the way that always worked before.

There are a few previous postings about root error see if this applies

Hi Ged,

Thanks for your answer, but i have made another backup now and it works, it’s just that the older backups (which i need) are not accessible.

All of my backups look right and have the roon backup file at the end of the list.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.