iOS devices crashing shortly after startup [See staff post]

Adding another report of this issue. This is my second time down the app crash road. Originally I experienced this same issue in v1.7 but that was resolved quickly by removing then reinstalling the app. This time I have had no luck fixing it. Even the new Roon versions that were released over the past few days (both app and core) had no effect. Strangely my iPhone, an iPhone 12 Pro, suffers from the instant crash on every launch. My wife’s much older iPhone (not sure the exact model but it does not have Face ID nor any sort of “notch” but it is not an SE) has experienced zero crashes. The same is true for her recent generation iPad Mini.

If you’re seeing this with a specific action, please describe the actions that reproduce this in detail

No specific action. In fact if I launch the app and just leave it there untouched it will crash in 10-20 seconds. If I shutdown Roon core, the app still crashes even if it never connects to a Roon core.

If the crash happens seemingly at random, how often does it occur

Crashes as I experience them are not random. They occur every time I launch the app within 10-20 seconds of launch.

Phone / iPad model

iPhone 12 Pro

iOS version

Core type

Roon Server on Intel NUC NUC10i7, Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS, no GUI (nor any other frills for Ubuntu — this box is a Roon box and that is it)

OS Language

English (US)

Roon Language

English

One last thing I will add about language is that I do have a handful of tracks that contain non English characters (Russian and Japanese). Those characters do not have to be on screen for the crash to occur and I do not see any correlation. But language has been raised as a possible cause so I am mentioning it.