Roon Core Machine

MacOS 10.14.6 Mac mini 2018 i5 8GB RAM

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Livebox

Connected Audio Devices

USB DAC Teac AI-503

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

My iOS app keeps crashing on my iPhone 11 Pro. It is unusable. I deleted and installed it again but same issue. Could someone from Support run a diagnosis and help me fix this issue?

I never had crashes on this app, before. Is the latest update buggy?

4 Likes

I am having constant iOS crashes every time I search anything at all the Roon app exits on both phone and tablet.

Roon server is on Linux, running latest release.

Also I canā€™t login to the server address with a browser. The server address is Roon shows as ::ffff:192.168.50.105 but entering either the IP or the full string as noted results in a browser ā€œcannot open pageā€ error.

I am having the exact same issue. Both my iOS remote and my Mac remote software are crashing every time I try a search. Otherwise they are working fins.

1 Like

Similar problem here.

Server: ROCK running on Intel NUC 5th generation Core i5
Connected devices: iPhone 13, iPad Air 3, Hegel Rƶst (Airplay)

iOS apps crash within seconds of starting. First seen about 3 days ago. 100% reproducible

All running Roon 1.8 build 923. No extensions, itā€™s all 100% as Roon Labs shipped it.

1 Like

No more crash after my phone died.

Uploaded mine just now. Was playing a Qobuz playlist and it crashes just opening the app probably 10 seconds into it.

iPhone 13 Pro Max
iOS 15.4.1

Had iOS app crashing constantly as well on my iPhone 12 but was working just fine on other IOS devices (iPad pro, iPhone 13mini etc) and after a reboot of my iPhone12 it started to work as expected. Not ideal but at least it solved it for me now. :man_shrugging:

No more crash since my phone died. Guys, try to shutdown or drain your battery to 0% to see if it works.

When I had this problem (it occurred several times over a period of about one to two weeks), switching my iPhone 12 on and off resolved the issue. Last occurrence was about a week ago.

iOS iPhone app crashing about 30 secs after opening. Itā€™s like there is an auto shutoff. iPad app ok, iPhone is unusable. All up to date. Deleted iPhone app and fresh install makes no difference.

1 Like

iOS on iPhone 11; crashes within 30 seconds of opening Roon app;
Unusable; many Roon core updates as of late and this issue has gotten worse;

I have this issue on an iPhone 13 Pro running iOS 15.4.1. The app crashes within 30 seconds without any obvious action causing the crash. As it stands itā€™s unusable.

I removed and reinstalled the app but there was no improvement.

I am also having same problem with Roon app shutting down on iPhone 11 when I search for anything

Hi, Iā€™m currently trialling Roon and this iPhone issue is putting me off: constant crashes, app unusable. Have tried steps outlined above, latest iOS on iPhone 12 Pro max. Given the phone is my ideal remote control for Roon and I canā€™t use it, I feel forced for consider alternatives.

Is there any progress in actually finding the bug?

Thanks

I have just submitted a log. I am having this issue on my iPhone 12 Mini. Stays open for maybe 10 seconds then closes.

Short term fix appears to be to power off the phone and power on again but itā€™s not an ideal solution.

Cheers,

Tarkan.

I know this has been mentioned many times before, indeed, Iā€™ve commented on previous threads such as this one.

However, I feel compelled to point out again that the Roon app on iOS appears more unstable than everā€¦ Is it just me? The issue of constant near-instant crashing appeared to have been resolved. However, now, again, the app will crash almost instantly on start-up. It probably happened 50 times over the last two days. Tried quitting/restarting rebooting etc. ensuring all other apps are closed etc. Nothing changed. It became a race between me and the crashing app to see if I could start some music before the app crashed. Sometimes I won but mostly the app crashed.

Whatā€™s going on? Please can someone tell me how to resolve the issue because itā€™s not usable in its current state.

I look forward to hearing a solutionā€¦ hereā€™s hoping!
Edward

Build 970 fixed my problem with crashing on iPhone :crossed_fingers:

@support Updated to B970. The app is still crashing when rapidly scrolling on a page within a matter of seconds. This issue has been dragging on for months. A status update would be great.

1 Like

Hi @Nepherte,

When i scoll rapidly on ie. my albums page (more than 300) the app is working fine. Are you scorlling on a different page?

Maarten.

Doesnā€™t really matter which screen it is, as long as thereā€™s a long list of items you can scroll through quickly. It happens on tracks, artists, albums, ā€¦