iOS devices crashing shortly after startup [See staff post]

Hello everyone,

unfortunately i have constant app crashes on IOS 15.4 . My System combination ist : synology as a Roon Core, devialet 250 ampflifier and a iPhone 13 Pro with the Roon App.

Please help me

2 Likes

me too

macbook pro as core
i
was gone before 15.4 update on iphone as remote

was fine before 15.4

I have exactly the same issue on iOS 15.4 on iPhone 12 Pro. Tried deleting the app. Restarting the phone etc but still the same.
It crashes every few seconds. I left a review on Apple App Store about it also.

My backend is core is 1.8 build 923 running on QNap NAS.

Same hear. Latest build of Roon. iOS 15.4 iPhone 12max pro crashes 19 seconds after opening even if I don’t do anything. Can Roon support please look into this. Completely unusable. Had this last year sad to see it reappear.

Same here. Absolutely unusable on iOS (15.4.1). I suspect it came with 15.4 or even 15.4.1. No problems on my iMac though. Core on QNAP. Every part updated.
This is no fun…

Core and iMac run 1.8 923; iPhone 12 pro max is on 1.8.00923
iPad pro 12,9’’ 1.8.00923 doesn’t crash (15.4.1).
iPhone 12 mini (15.4.1) doesn’t neither… ???

Same here, Roon Nucleus Plus and iPhone Xr OS 15.4.1.
Latest versions of all Roon software. Absolutely frustrating.

I cleared out the add ons (had that apple TV one running). This didn’t help instantly but somehow at the end of the day my iPhone-Roon remote stopped crashing… :smile:

Latest build and is update is still crashing.

Hello, same here since last app / core update this week, app on iPhone 13 Pro Max continuously crashing every few seconds (approximately 20).

A shutdown / restart of the iPhone itself seems to resolve temporarily the problem for some time, until for an unknown reason it comes again into an endless pattern of crashing / manual relaunch of the app.

Memory leak of the app or something like that ?

Hi
My iPhone 12 pro is also permanenty crashing. I have deleted and reinstalled the app several times, but after a while the app starts crashing again. However, it always remains active in the background. Had long suspected the darkmode, because the problem appeared as soon as I switched. Now I think it might also be the scrolling by finger on the sideline. I have the feeling that after that the crashes come more often.

Also had problems with drm iPad for a long time, but that seems to have improved

add me to the club.

Constant crashing after updating iphone to 15.4.1 (or maybe to Roon build 931), but I’m pretty sure the IOS update was after the roon update.

Had been perfectly stable before update.

As with the others above, in my case an iPhone 11 Pro on IOS 15.4.1. Crashes every few seconds for no obvious reason. To search for a track and get it playing will see two or three crashes each time.

All Roon components are up to date, iPad and PC control is absolutely fine as normal.

I don’t use my phone all that often as a controller, but I do know it was working as recently as a couple of weeks ago - but now its unusable.

I did a power down and up on my iphone12maxpro (all latest software) and that has sorted the issue so far.

Same here. 15.4.1 on iPhone 13 pro max. Can get a song going but then app crashes. Restarting phone and uninstalling app helps, but only temporarily. Very frustrating — either fix asap or I will not be a subscriber anymore.

Same here with iPhone 12 on 15.4.1. Sometimes the app is only open for <3 seconds before exiting.

It would be nice to get an update from Roon on this issue.

My iPhone is my main controller, so this bug impacts me a great deal.

Thanks

1 Like

Roon iOS app 1.8.00943 and the previous version are crashing at around the 25-30 sec mark. It doesn’t matter if I’m playing or browsing or doing nothing in the app, it crashes. My iPhone and iPad both behave the same so I can’t listen to music on those devices.

My Roon core is also up to date.

I tried rebooting the core and rebooting the iOS devices. Also reinstalling the iOS app but no success in getting rid of the problem.

Do you have any suggestions?

Am I the only one with this issue?

Hello Benjamin, welcome to the community, and sorry that you’re having trouble. I’ve moved your post into the Support category of the forum where it will be seen and responded to by a member of the Support team.

Can you please let Roon Support know these details so that they can better assist you? Thanks!

Roon Core Machine
Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM)
Networking Gear & Setup Details
Your network gear (model of routers/switches) and if on WiFi/Ethernet
Connected Audio Devices
Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.)
Number of Tracks in Library
Tell them how large your music library is, eg. “30,000 tracks”
Description of Issue
Tell Support about the problem you’re having in as much detail as possible.

Thanks.

1 Like

Roon Core Machine

Hi,
For a couple of months I´ve been having problems with the Iphone app (but not with other IOS devices, such as the Ipad). Every time I used it, wheter to managed and control Ronn on other devises (for instance to play music thorugh my Naim gear) or as endpoint, when I used the Iphone plugged into a Chord Mojo 2 and headphones, after a few seconds, the app crashes and closes. If I want to select some album or track to play it on other gear, I have to be fast enough to find it and play it before the app crashes. I just can´t use it as endpoint. When I open it again, the app shows me the last place where I was (lets say on the album I was trying to play), and then I have to execute it. it is very annoying, as you may understand.
Does anybody else has this problem?
I tried erasing the app ans installinf again, reboot my phone, etc., and always the same.
I have an Iphone 12 Pro Max using IOS 15.4.1.
The roon app is updated.
I use an Intel NUC mini PC kit NUC7i7BNH (Intel Core i7) with Rock inside as Roon Core, with a LaCie D2 professional external SSD hard disc connected to the NUC via USB-C.
I don´t have any problem with my other endpoints (naim, hifiberry, Notebook, etc.)

Thanks
Felipe

Connected Audio Devices

Description of Issue

alright, let me respond to these questions inline:

Roon Core Machine
Roon 1.8 build 943 stable on Fedora 35 Linux kernel 5.15.12-200
Hardware is Intel i7 running on a VM with 2 CPU cores and 2G RAM
Stats show CPU usage at ~4% and RAM at ~30%. My core has no issues streaming to the endpoints that are not iOS apps.
iOS devices are on wifi on a Netgear R7800 switch.
Connected Audio Devices
The two iOS devices that are crashing the app are either using the apple lightning to jack adapter (iPhone) or the USBC dongle + Audioquest Dragonfly DAC. App crashes on either of these.
Description of Issue
Please see the original post for the issue description. Let me know if you have questions or anything you’d like me to test. Since my iOS Roon apps in iPhone and iPad crash all the time, I can use Roon with the desktop app to my other non-iOS endpoints.