iOS devices crashing shortly after startup [See staff post]

Same here, for more than a year…

Already sent a lot of reports to @noris and @dylan when using 1.7… to no avail.

I wonder if there is anything more we can do to figure out the reason for the problem, it seems like its not super wide spread. For instance I know in my case that I was switching between Remotes when this started happening.

If someone could figure out what steps leads to this problem and can reproduce it, I think they might pay more attention to us.

I’m new to Roon, but frankly amazed it works at all well, given that it seems fairly complicated to maintain separate states for the various remotes that might be communicating to the core/server. There is a lot to go wrong.

Hi, so this is still a big issue for me.

Roon really is unusable on my IOS devices - constant crashes / dropped connection to Core.

Uninstalling / restarting / reinstalling (not for the 1st time) helped on my iphone yesterday, but a day later and the problems are back.

@support

Is this still acknowledged by Roon as an issue?
Is there any progress update on what’s causing it?
Timescales on a fix?

Is there any info I can provide to help?

1 Like

I supporting this 100%

I have this almost every other day with my 12pro (and my XR before). Always latest software / firmware, no cracking or rooting. Reinstalling the Roon remote isn’t necessary, restarting the iPhone does the job. Totally spoils the user experience. Paying my annual Roon fees this keeps frustrating me to a point when I probably will stop using Roon. Again: Roon remote is by far the ONLY app crashing and dying that way.

So please @support and @danny - this is looming way too long now :cry:

1 Like

I have 2 endpoints pc and ios. Lately my raatserver is giving me lots of errors on the pc. The app for ios i one of the worst ever.

Just crashed for the 3rd time this session. Haven’t played a song yet, still In the search field that’s taking forever to find my song.

Fix this problem!!!

1 Like

Almost at that point. If I wouldn’t mind Google stealing my data I would be buying an Android device.

I’ve posted a topic separately but also wanted to post on this one that Roon and iOS devices seems very buggy. My iPhone and and iPad very, very rarely connect straight to the Core - I spend a lot of time ‘waiting for remote Core…’ Is this normal? I am on BT FTTP (1gb up and down) internet in the UK. My Core is a new and high end PC (with Windows 10 pro) connected to the internet via wifi not ethernet. Any thoughts and suggestions?

Connect it through Ethernet would be my first suggestion.

Same here. Everything networked via cable and never had a problem.
In the last 2 days apps (iPhone, iPad, and Windows) are keep crashing.
Can’t run Roon for more than 1/2 minutes…

Collapsed every few seconds.
That’s new

1 Like

Same here!

Me too - lots of slow responses and crashes. On Iphone 11. Roon is running on mac, ethernet to streamer - no playback issues- just roon app on phone is crashing lots- rebooted phone but not resovled :flushed:

Yes, iPhone 11.

1 Like

iPhone XR before, now on a 12pro. Never stopped happening

Roon Core: 1.8 build 783. iMac running MacOS 11.2.2. Library is mix of locally stored files connected via Synology server and Qobuz.

Roon crashes on iPhone consistently after 10-15 seconds. IPhone 12, iOS 14.4.2. Roon also 783 build. Language is English. If I keep launching the app the phone gets warm.

Prior to this phone, my iPhone 11 would last longer with 1.7 and get very hot before crashing.

I cleared cache on iPhone and did not make a difference.

I test the remote on my old iPhone X, it work well but it crash every few second in my iPhone 12 Pro :pensive:

Hello guys, little update from my side.
I did delete Roon app from the iPhone, restarted the iPhone, re-install the app and now it seems the app is not crashing anymore. I can’t say why but this is the first time in 3 days I can use my iPhone as remote.

Please note, prior to that I deleted and re-installed the app or restarted the iPhone with no success.
Delete, re-start, re-install seems to be a working solution. Hope this may help. Cheers

Background info: iPhone XS Max (iOS 14.4.2), Core installed on MacBook Air 2012, networked via cable, music on NAS or Tidal. Mac or Windows App have been working while I could not use the iPhone as remote since Saturday.

• Happens whenever I open the app on my iPhone, at some stage. Sometimes straight away, sometimes after a while. Very often the app stops seeing the core, which I can’t select again (but works flawlessly on both iPad and MacOS.

Re-installing solves the issue for a little while, then reappears every time.

• iPhone 11 Pro Max

• iOS 14.4.2

• Rock running on NUC i5

• English

• English

Hi @support. My partner uses iPhone to use Roon, she’s less than happy at the moment as the app since 1.8 launched has been unstable to the point its crashing instantly or goes to the background and comes back blank.

As I am not a user of apples stuff what can be done to provide any logs?

It’s an iPhone SE fist gen and she’s on latest iOS.

Uninstalling and reinstalling has not helped.