I use either an iPad or iPhone remote to control Roon playback. Since upgrading to 1.3 build 218 on 15th April, I have been having occasional problems connecting to Roon core. Nothing has been changed in my system and everything had been very stable for months before the latest upgrade.
Has anyone else experienced similar?
Hi @Malcolm_Gordon ----- Thank you for the report and sharing your observations with us. My apologies for the troubles.
To help aide in my evaluation of this behavior you are reporting to us, may I kindly ask you to please provide me with the following:
A brief but accurate description of your current setup as seen here.
Please outline your network configuration/topology being sure to provide insight into any networking hardware you are implementing.
Since noticing this issue with your iPad and iPhone remotes, have you tried reinstalling the application on these devices?
Thanks for the contact. I believe that I may have resolved this, but just need a bit more time to be certain.
I have a dozen CCTV camera’s routed through my network and I had put them up on display on the same computer that was running Roon core. I closed them down and I seem to be regaining connection via the iOS apps fairly quickly again, so it could be that that was the issue. Nothing on my network had changed and the timing was coincidental with the new app updates.
Hi @Malcolm_Gordon ---- Thank you for follow up and sharing that information with me.
Please due keep me updated on your observations and if more help is needed we can continue troubleshoot. Either way, let me know what the outcome is
Thanks Eric. Yes, all is well and connection has been fine since shutting down the camera’s so that must have been causing the problem.