iOS Remotes on iPhone 11 and iPad Air 2 are Crashing

Roon Core Machine

Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM)
Mac mini (M1, 2020), 8GB ram

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Your network gear (model of routers/switches) and if on WiFi/Ethernet
Internet modem - Hitron CGN3 → Airport Extreme → NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch and Ethernet to Mac mini

Connected Audio Devices

Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.)
Main System: ultraRendu → Unison Research CD Due (connected via USB)
Office: iMac (runs Roon remote) (Ethernet) → Topping D10s (connected via USB)
Bedroom: Squeezebox Touch (Wifi) → Schiit Modi (connected via Optical)

Number of Tracks in Library

Tell us how large your music library is, eg. “30,000 tracks”
158,088 tracks (both local and added via Tidal)

Description of Issue

Tell us about the problem you’re having in as much detail as possible. Screenshots are always appreciated!
Both iPhone and iPad just randomly crashes constantly. Search is painfully slow and half the time won’t work and constantly having the Roon logo doing it’s thing for longer then acceptable when nagivating the app, almost very page I’m having the Roon logo 10-30 seconds and it may also just quite the app. I have cleared the cache on both iPhone/iPad a few times each and no difference. Also of note the song waveform and next song info may take up to 1 min (mostly in the 10 sec range) to be created and the song title change, but no interruption with audio, just slowness of the app responding. One more thing I forgot to mention was the iPhone app freezes daily, not the iPad just the iPhone.

I have a dedicated MacMini M1 8gb (updated with the latest OS and Roon updates) that is only used for Roon Server. I’m having this issue on my iPhone 11 and iPad Air 2 remotes. This has only seemed to be getting worse with the last couple Roon updates, the iOS app are now crashing multiple times a day and are very sluggish navigating the apps with the Roon logo constantly doing its thing.

Hi @anon94274355,

I’ve added the setup details template to your post above. Could you please edit your post to include those details? We’d be happy to help troubleshoot this with you. Thanks!

I’ve added the info you requested. Let me know if I’m missing anything.