Roon Core Machine

MacOS 10.14.6 Mac mini 2018 i5 8GB RAM

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Livebox

Connected Audio Devices

USB DAC Teac AI-503

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

My iOS app keeps crashing on my iPhone 11 Pro. It is unusable. I deleted and installed it again but same issue. Could someone from Support run a diagnosis and help me fix this issue?

I never had crashes on this app, before. Is the latest update buggy?

4 Likes

15 posts were merged into an existing topic: iOS devices crashing shortly after startup [See staff post]

Hi Dan

Thanks for your message. Looks like you have 2 separate issues, maybe you could open your own topic on the second one?

@support could you help us, please? Is it a known bug? It seems we are not the only one. Would be nice to have a communication or maybe point us to a thread or any info to know if this is a known issue.

1 Like

I looked at the release notes and updated to the latest version: no sign of our bug. It’s still happening on the new version. Some help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

AllĂ´? Is there anyone able to help us?

Why no one from Support is answering? Is there something wrong in my message?

2 Likes

I’m doing a major update to my server so I’ll see if that resolves the issues before I start a separate thread.

Did it work?

Meanwhile still waiting from some from @support to help here.

Hi all,

We’re sorry to hear that you’re experiencing crashes on iOS. Please try uninstalling the app on devices that have been crashing, restarting the device, and reinstalling. While this seems a less than ideal recommendation, it has helped quite a few customers who have been seeing this issue.

If this doesn’t help the next step is to get logs from your remote devices so we can take a closer look at the problem.

These Steps will help you do that

• On the iOS device:
  • Quit or terminate Roon
  • Go to System Settings on your iPad and iPhone
  • Scroll down until you see Roon
  • Tap on it
  • Turn on “Save logs to Files on next start up” see screenshot below

• Launch Roon
  • Open Files app on your device
  • Go to “On this iPad/iPhone”
  • There will be a Roon folder and inside of it there will be a tgz file (see screenshot below)
  • Upload the tgz file from your iPhone and iPad here.

Thank you for the update @Jeff_Nelson, I’m sorry to hear that you’re still having problems.

Could those of you who are still experiencing crashing behavior please uninstall the app, restart your phone, then reinstall it. We’ve seen this help in a number of cases. Thanks! :fist:t2:

It helps for a while, but then resurfaces after a few days.

Seems to happen more often then not when playing Qobuz. Music stops. Spinning progress bar and then poof it’s gone. After that it continues to crash. Logs reference an error

04 17:42:26 Error: [RAATServer] [discovery] error sending response: operation canceled

Hi @jamie

I have uploaded my logs, could you tell me if you received them?

Since my phone died, I never experienced crashes again.

We’re sorry that some of you are still having issues. We’re continuing our investigation and making some additional headway. Please be sure to include a device restart between the uninstall- reinstall attempt. That seems to be key with most customers who have success with this.