iPad air crashing when browsing artists

Just got Roon and the Nucleus…My iPad Air does it too.

Hi @DJM,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Are you seeing this with other remote devices?

Are you seeing this crash when browsing other areas of the app?

Hi Dylan
Typical!:smiley: The iPad has behaved itself today, with no issues.
Would this have anything to do with me adjusting the Settings in Setup - ‘Memory For Photos/Artwork’, reduced from 256mb to 64mb? What is the ideal setting?

I will monitor the situation and see how things go. My Android device and MacOS are flawless.:+1:

Kind regards

David Meerloo

I found a couple of things about iPad and Roon app stability…

First, things get screwed up from time to time. Just deleting the app and reinstalling it clears up a lot of problems. It’s painless, because all your important stuff is in the Core, not on your iPad, so you don’t lose anything.

And second, a lot of display instability goes away if you start Roon on your iPad when you’re already in landscape mode. I usually operate my iPad in portrait mode and lock it in portrait. I’ve had display issues (completely blank display) when I use Roon like that. So now I unlock my orientation, flip the iPad to landscape mode, and then start the Roon app.

Hiya…I only ever use my iPad in Landscape mode. However, a couple of my heating apps only work on Portrait mode.

I read somewhere, can’t remember where, that album Cover\Artwork size may be ‘upsetting’ the iPad? In Roon settings I have reduced mine from 256mb to 64mb. So far, so good. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Interesting…I didn’t realize that setting applied to the iPad. For some reason I thought it applied to the Core, but it makes more sense for the iPad. Mine is set to 64MB. I don’t think I ever changed it.

Yes, I meant on Nucleus, Settings - Setup - ‘Memory For Photos/Artwork’, reduced from 256mb to 64mb? Perhaps it’s easier for the iPad to process the smaller Artwork, but I’m just guessing??

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.