iPad and iPhone not connecting Roon Core

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
OSX Catalina 10.15.7 (19H2). Roon version 1.7 (build 610) stable
Remotes on iPad Pro 11 / iPad Pro 10.5 and iPhone X.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Virgin Media Hub 3. Linksys Velop Mesh Network.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Linn Akurate DSM Streamer networked to Linksys Router.

Description Of Issue
Hi

My iPad 10.5 and iPhone X will not connect to the Roon Core via the Roon remote. It just says waiting for remote core. When I reset the network setting on the iPad it did work yesterday but today has reverted to not working again.

What is is strange is that my iPad Pro 11 connects fine with no issues.

Any ideas how to fix?
Thanks

What iOS version ?

I just received my iPad Pro 12.9, worked first time. It still has 13.6 I haven’t got around to 14.0.1 yet , just wondering

Iphone on 14.0.1
Ipad 10.5 was on 13 but just updated to 14.0.1
Ipad 11 Pro sill on 13

Strangely after the update the iPad 10.5 now connects and even the Iphone is working. I’ll see tomorrow if it is still the case but looking good at the moment.

1 Like

Hi @Anurag_Mohanty,

Glad to hear that connection is working now! One thing I would check for here is which of the Velop Nodes your iOS devices are connected to, perhaps they have issues connection when tethered to one specific node?

Hi All

My problems seem to have got worse. I have a few problems

(1) Akurate DSM is not showing at all
(2) Qobuz playlists never update

I did forget to mention that I have a managed router plugged into the main Velop router. It is a Netgear GSS116E and was not configured.

For (1) After finding this article I did try some of the suggestions but nothing has worked. Be great to hear any ideas? I did update the linn firmware and all software appear up to date

For (2). Quboz seems to work on all other platforms I own primarily the Sonos app. Of course this is now 2nd order issue after resolving the much more fundamental issue (1).

Any ideas would be great and appreciated

Thanks

Just to be clear the Akurate DSM is not showing on the core or any of the remotes now

Thanks

Hi @Anurag_Mohanty,

Are you saying that you have both routers active and you are trying to use them both at the same time in your setup? This can cause a double NAT and different subnets to occur, I would suggest that you only have one router handing out IP addresses and that the other network devices are set up as access points.

Sorry - no that is not issue and my fault for bad / lazy use of language. The Velop actually feeds a managed switch.

I think the use maybe that it is a managed switch as per this article Linn Akurate DSM disappearing from Roon after installing new Ansuz Acoustics network switch but wondered if there are any settings that I would have to change for my router in this instance.

I have also ordered a non-managed switch to see if this is causing the issue but my future roadmap has me using managed switches so I would be partly regressing my doing this. Any help on the managed switch or any other ideas most welcome

1 Like

Hi @Anurag_Mohanty,

Yes, trying an unmanaged switch is a good next step here.

Our Networking Best Practices Guide provides some good suggestions regarding managed switches:

Managed Switches

Managed switches can be very robust, but they are often designed for professional installation, so in many cases the out-of-box configuration is not right. If your switch has a “flow control” setting, please make sure that it is enabled. Also, make sure that the switch is not performing any sort of throttling that might impact communication between cores, storage, remotes, and/or audio endpoints. Finally, ensure that the switch is configured to pass multicast and broadcast traffic. If in doubt about any of this, try temporarily replacing your managed switch with a “dumb” switch to see if things improve.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.