iPad can see the Core - "Choose Your Roon Core" and "Looking for Roon Core"

I entered the ping 192.168.1.175 in the Terminal app on my Mac, and it has been spewing out a stream of data for probably an hour or more now, each line saying something like “64 bytes from 192.168.1.175: imp_seq=4970 ttl=64 time=18.525 ms” Does this indicate anything?

I suppose it’s possible the Nucleus is on a different subnet, but it and my iPad have worked together for at least a couple of years now on the same network without this problem until just the other day. Meanwhile, should I terminate this Terminal spew of info and try the ipconfig suggestion, or something else?

As for the ethernet cable, I have tried to disconnect it from the Nucleus and, this sounds pathetic as I handle lots and lots of cables in my system without problem, it has a “bubble” on the connector which I presume is a lock that one just needs to push, but I’ve tried to push it to remove the cable and it just won’t budge. I’m afraid to brake the cable and, more importantly, the ethernet input on the Nucleus. Any suggestion how to get this cable out of the Nucleus?

Well, this indicates two things; first, that your Nucleus is network-connected. So no need to try other Ethernet cables or unplug and replug. Second, that your Mac can communicate with the Nucleus; this is, the destination address 192.168.1.175 of your Nucleus exists and can accept requests.

I very much assume that all of your Mac, iPad and your Nucleus live on the same subnet, i.e. they all have IP addresses in the form of 192.168.1.x. Just only to make certain that things really are as they appear to be, please check the IP of your Mac and your iPad as indicated in my previous post.

That leaves me for the moment out of further ideas why then you can’t see the Nucleus administration page in the browser of your Mac, nor why all of your control devices can’t connect to your Nucleus…

Yes, the IP address on the Mac and the iPad both start with 192.168.1.x.

I think with all these networking questions out of the way, you’ll have to wait for Roon’s support team to get involved. They may have other suggestions and may try to have a look at your Roon Core’s logs… Good luck!

Maybe a silly question but I don’t see it mentioned anywhere unless I missed it.
Are all your Roon units on the same release version?
This you can see under settings:about of each piece of equipment

I’m not sure what you mean by “all your Roon units.” The only Roon unit I have is the Nucleus and I believe I downloaded the most recent version (I can’t tell right now since I can’t get into the Nucleus to check its settings or anything else while my other devices can’t find it).

Everything that has Roon on it I meant, sorry maybe poor choice of words.
So the Nucleus being the Core, and all your Apple devices being Remotes
If you go into settings: about on all of them you can see what build number each is on.

Just an idea, do you have a content blocker enabled on your devices that you could try disabling temporarily?

Or could you simply force a refresh of that website in the browser?

@Alan_Wishnoff
And in case that doesn’t help, another idea.
If you have wi-fi 6 (802.11ax) enabled in the router settings, you could try disabling this, hoping that your devices will connect to 802.11n = Wi-Fi 4

How do I know if someone is a Roon customer service rep? Do they have a special designation next to their name?

They use the Roon Logo as their avatar. You can also check by going to the “Hamburger” menu in the Forum (top right, next to your own avatar) and choosing “About”.

To answer the other questions above, I don’t believe I have a content blocker. Again no such blocking was going on before the other day and I haven’t changed any of the settings in my iPad other than to download the most recent iPad OS 16.2. I would really love one of the Roon customer service reps to deal with this.

Hi Alan, quite frustrating for you for sure. And @support will hopefully deal with this problem soon.

To your statement above - do you run any 3rd party security products on your iPad or Mac? Or VPN products likewise?

No 3rd party security or VPN on the iPad, which is what I use to run Roon. (I actually removed the old Roon app from my Mac and my iPhone so there would be less confusion, as at one point I got a message indicating my different devices had different versions of Roon on them.)

Thank you but I don’t see “Page Settings” in my iPad settings, or anywhere else on my iPad.

It’s in the link above I sent you.
Tap your name.

Thanks. I tried turning Private Relay off; changing IP Address Location between the 2 settings, and still the iPad can’t find the core.

Yeah. Makes sense. If it was a 16.2 problem or Private Relay issue you wouldn’t suffer all alone.