iPad can't connect to Roon server - even wth IP address (Roon 1.2 build 147)

I’m running Roon on an iMac (headless).

From my MacBook Air I can connect with the Roon client app.

From my iPhone, I can connect via the Roon iPhone app.

But from my iPad, I cannot connect. The problem holds if I go by server name or by IP address.

The server is running 1.2 build 147 and my iPad is running the latest Roon software as well (1.2.00147).

I moved your original post to Support and deleted the new one.

Off the top of my head, is it on the same wireless network?

Edit: Also check if you have a firewall on your iMac.

Cheers, Greg

Sorry about the duplicate.

The computer is hard-wired to the same router that the iPhone (working), air book (working), and iPad (not working) use for wireless networking.

AFAIK the firewall is allowing connections based on the other devices’ successful connections.

Irritating question,but I need to ask it – Are you sure that iPad is connected to your wifi network ?
Have you tried to reinstall Roon app on the iPad ?

I am sure.

My iPhone just updated to the latest version of Roon and now it also doesn’t work.

HI Vova

I restarted the Roon app on the Mac server. Now my phone can connect.

I re-installed the Roon remote app on the iPad and it still won’t connect.

The phone and the iPad are both on the same wi-fi network, which is the same router that the Mac is wired into. The iPad connects to the internet (the App Store, Google and CNN).

Any other ideas?
Thanks

@vova, @Eric, Just checking if you had any other troubleshooting guidance.

Hi @scott_powell ---- Thank you for the feedback and sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. I would like to gather some more information from you, while we try to troubleshoot this problem.

Can you please describe, in detail your current network setup (hardware being used, how it is setup, etc) and also please provide a screen grab from your ipad while it’s in the state that you described above. Thanks!

-Eric

I have a Netgear wireless router https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EM5UFP4/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Access to the Internet is via this cable modem https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MA5U1FW/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Within the network, the Mac Mini is hardwired to one of the ports on the Netgear. The laptop, iPad, and iPhone mentioned in this thread are all wirelessly connected on the router’s 5G channel.

When the connection problems occur from my Macbook (as they are now), this is what it looks like. It’s been showing this status for about 15 minutes:

When the problems occur from the iPad/iPhone, it just repeatedly tries to connect to the system. At some point it might prompt me to ask if I want to connect to a different server.

No error messages are shown and I’m not aware of any system logs in the Mac app or on the remote apps.

To give you an idea how random the problem is, right now the laptop shows that Initialize status and can’t connect. But my iPhone remote app connects no problem. The iPad just says “Looking for remote libraries”

Here are the firewall settings (note: Plex and Spotify aren’t running; I think RAAT is a Roon app).

Thanks

@scott_powell ---- Thank you for the provided information. I’d like to get a copy of your logs to our developers so we can take a closer look into the issue you are experiencing. I will contact you via PM momentarily with instructions on how to get logs to us. Thanks!

-Eric