iPad crash issue

My iPad also crashes numerous times. When i scroll trough my artist the screen freezes. I tried uninstall and install the app again but without results. I even set the language to English in the Roon App and also in the settings from my iPad.

The last weeks i am also trying the new Linn app and what a joy too play with it. Not one single time that de app freezes. Why can the Roon app not be like that.

1 Like

Nobody has a solution

Hi @Leon_van_der_Koelen ,

Can you please share some more details regarding your setup and let us know the exact local time + date + action that you were doing when you have the next crash?

Roon Core Machine

Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Your network gear (model of routers/switches) and if on WiFi/Ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.)

Number of Tracks in Library

Tell us how large your music library is, eg. “30,000 tracks”

Description of Issue

Tell us about the problem you’re having in as much detail as possible. Screenshots are always appreciated!

Thanks!

Hello Noris. I have Roon Rock installed on Nuc 8 with 32gb of ram. And i have a wired connection to my Asus RT-AX88U trough a Netgear switch. The Nuc uses 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. as dns
My audio devices are a Lindemann Network 2 thats connected wired to the switch
and it runs RCA cables to my Marantz;
Number of albums in my libray are 1900 and 80 albums on the SSD on the Nuc.

The issue i am having is that once in a while the Roon app freezes when i scroll trough my albums on my iPad air 4. Like i said before on this forum i also use the new Linn Kazoo app and this works perfect. More flowing and the albums are there when i scroll up ore down.

Hey @Leon_van_der_Koelen,

I hope it’s ok I jump in with a few more questions Noris had. We work on the same Roon Support team :relaxed:

Could you please let us know if the iPad crashes:

• for a specific artist?
  • for a specific album?

Do you experience the same behavior on any other remotes?

Hello Roon,

This happens randomly and has nothing to do with a certain artist ore album. I switched too cloudflare dns and the albums are much faster there when i scroll trough them. I also changed in the settings from my Asus router the 20/40/80Mhz on the 5Ghz band. Before i also enabled the 160Ghz band.

The issue with the return button on the top left sometimes does not work. And once in a while the App crashes without any reason.

See if that helps on my Ipad Air 4 generation.

1 Like

Hello Roon,

I still have problems with my ipad Air 4 using Roon.
The issue with the return button on the top left to go back to the album fav homescreen sometimes does not work. And once in a while the App crashes without any reason.

Latest firmware ipadOS and build 913 Roon.

1 Like

I have the same problem
(Ipad mini 6 /IOS15.3.1/ROON 1.8 913)

Hey @Leon_van_der_Koelen,

Many thanks for keeping us updated on how things unfolded. It provides us with valuable information as we’re improving this area in our apps.

Please know that these crashes are on our radar and you should be seeing improvements over time with each subsequent (and regular) release.

Please, bear with us a little longer :pray:

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.