iPad endpoint loses zone shortly after music is paused

Roon Core Machine

Host: Inspiron 7560 
Kernel: 5.19.16-76051916-generic 
CPU: Intel i7-7500U (4) @ 3.500GHz 
Memory: 2932MiB / 15899MiB
Roon build 1211 production build on Core and iPad (iPad OS 16.3)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

WiFi connection from core to all remotes/bridges

Connected Audio Devices

iPad → 3.5mm headphone jack

Number of Tracks in Library

2,206 tracks in library

Description of Issue

When using my iPad as a listening endpoint, the listening zone is consistently dropped after the music is paused.

Shortly after pausing (I haven’t timed it), when I open the Roon Remote on the iPad, it says “nothing playing”, then says to select an audio zone, then repopulates with the iPad as a zone. This cycle is usually, but not always handled automatically after manually reopening the app. However, it often doesn’t work and the Remote has to be force closed and restarted.

I don’t use low battery mode or low data mode. Both the iPad and Core are connected to the router via WiFi.

Is there a workaround to stabilize the iPad zone and have it be available without actually having to open the Roon Remote app? Or is this just expected behavior? I dug around on the forum but didn’t really see a recent answer on the topic.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: iOS endpoint does not resume playing after being paused [Ticket in]

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.