iPhone 11 (Pro Max) - iOS 13.1.1 Roon App Keeps Quitting

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Roon Core: 1.6 Build 416 on QNAP NAS
Roon Remote: 1.6 Build 438 on iPhone Pro Max iOS 13.1.1

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
N/A

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
N/A

Description Of Issue
Latest build of Roon’s the iOS app keeps randomly quitting, sometimes after only a few seconds.

1 Like

Same here.

Hi @Mike_Ormerod,

Did this start only after 13.1.1? Did it happen on prior versions of 13?

Does the app seem to crash at the same spots or does it not matter what screen you’re on?

The next time it happens can you make a note of the time in your local timezone and respond here with that time?

If you uninstall and reinstall the app is there any change?

Hi @dylan

I believe it only started since the update on Friday to 1.6 Build 438. But it’s hard to say as I did the update to 13.1.1 on the same day. However it’s not happening on my iPad which is also 13.1.1.

In trend if the crash it happens anywhere, even just opening the app and not touching anything.
It happens every time, so I just started the app at 13:17 EST and it crashed just on the menu.

I’ll try an uninstall and see if it’s different

Mike

@dylan FYI uninstalling made no difference, it still crashes

Same with an iPhone XR and the latest iOS (13.1.1). Roon crashes after a few seconds of browsing in the Tidal catalog.

Just to provide an additional data point, I’m running the current version of Roon and iOS 13.1.1 on an iPhone X with no issues. Hope the issue is cleared up soon!

Same here. Seemingly random crashes. iPhone 11 Pro latest iOS, latest Roon.

Hi @Mike_Ormerod/@Bernd_Kurte/@saschamt,

I have activated diagnostics mode for your iOS devices so our technical team can get some more insight into this issue.

Can I please ask you to open the Roon iOS app and let it sit for a few minutes? With diagnostics mode enabled, this should automatically upload a set of logs to our servers next time your iOS device is online. Thanks!

@noris - Done

@noris done

@noris - Of course since you turned diagnostics mode on, the App hasn’t yet crashed! Not sure if that tells you anything?

Done. But w/ the diagnostics on all behaves perfectly. No such crashes as yesterday.

Hi

@saschamt - It appears that logs from your iPhone have yet to be delivered, I would reboot your iOS device when possible as this may help re-establish contact with our diagnostics servers.

@Mike_Ormerod/@Bernd_Kurte - I am taking a look at the diagnostics from your iOS devices and I’m not noticing any visible crashes, or at least they aren’t being logged. When crashes are not logged, this may be due to the iOS system itself forcibly closing the app.

Diagnostics mode shouldn’t have such an impact, all it does is upload a log package to our servers, it doesn’t change any networking settings.

@Bernd_Kurte/@Mike_Ormerod - Can you let me know the exact local time + date if you experience any further crashes and which screen you were on right before the crash?

Stopped crashing after upgrading to 13.1.1 today.

@noris crash @ 19:23 Berlin time. While browsing Tidal Masters contents.

Edit: and again at 19:33

@noris - Coincidence or not, but since Diagnostics was enabled, as mentioned earlier I’ve not seen a crash at all today, so far, whereas yesterday it would crash within seconds of opening the app. I just updated to iOS 13.1.2 and so will continue to monitor it.

HI @Bernd_Kurte,

Can you please update to iOS 13.1.2 and let me know if that changes anything with regards to this issue?

Hi @noris,

Updated to iOS 13.1.2 and have been using the Roon app quite intense. No new crashes to report …

1 Like

@noris Just crashed while starting to play an album, 20:46 EST And that is with 13.1.2

Mike