iPhone app doesn't work when coming back to it

not a major deal but a bit annoying. I wonder if anyone else experiences this:

I pull up the Roon app on my iPhone…get some music playing and put my phone down. If I come back a bit later to pause it or interact with the app again, I get the spinning/loading icon and it doesn’t want to reconnect to my core. If I swipe up and shut down the app and then restart it, it works as intended…loads right up.

2 Likes

+1

Also crashes sometimes when laying it aside for a while and then unlocking iPhone and selecting Roon.

Thankfully after closing app and restarting it just works.

1 Like

This is a known bug and is not restricted to any platform. Also Android phones are showing this behaviour…

Same problem with iPad Pro

Torben

1 Like

Hopefully that’s a bug to be gotten rid of…it happens to my iPad Pro as well…

There are potentially two issues, one involving the filter and the other not. See here:

2 Likes

Looks like we need to find an exterminator. I have this bug too. Started a few updates ago I believe.

I use my iPad to control Roon.
Whatever I start up from my iPad, playlist… will play fine, but if I come back to the iPad again, I find it frozen every time, showing probably the last song that played when it went to sleep from me putting it down. The only way to get Roon to do anything else at this point is to close the app and then re open it. Basically the same thing that you described happening on your iPhone

Pretty annoying the longer this goes on. Hoping an update will fix it soon

1 Like

I am having the same problem. Very annoying.

1 Like

Same problems over here

1 Like

Same issue on iPad

Same issue here with an iPhone pro 15.
also experience the occasional app freeze. When opening the Roon app from memory sometimes the app is frozen, displaying an earlier song that was being played and renders the control buttons unresponsive. Closing and restarting the app sorts it. Happens quite often I might add…

You should follow the two threads I linked above (well, I linked to one post and this refers to two threads), where Roon Labs will post news about the issue(s)