iPhone + iPad crashes

Hi, I also have the roon remote app crashing very often on my iPhone and iPad.
Just changed phone and same problem occurs.
Asus router, 2.4 Ghz Network. Roon running on Mac Mini.

Hi @Nicolas_Rizcalla,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Hi,
Here is my setup:

• Core Machine: 2018 Mac Mini, MacOS Catalina (10.15.4, 3.2Hz i7, 16 Go RAM 1To SSD Drive
  • Wi-fi Network (2.4 Ghz) Asus RT-AC87U router
  • Streaming through Cambridge CXN v2 (Roon Ready), connected via Wi-fi network (through RAAT Protocol)
  • Connected to Onkyo TX-NR646 Amp and Dali Speakers
  • Music is stored on the Main Drive on the Mac Mini (SSD)
  • No streaming service used (neither Qobuz nor Tidal)
  • 3382 Tracks in Total all of them in FLAC format but two albums in DSD

Hope this helps
Regards,
Nicolas

Hello @Nicolas_Rizcalla, Thanks for the details! I’d like to know more about the circumstances of the crashes:

1. Have you tried with a remote that isn’t running iOS? This would help us determine if the issue is iOS specific for you.
  2. Have you reinstalled on these devices?
  3. Is there a specific button or function you’re trying to execute when the crash happens?

Hello,

1. I only have Apple devices at home so I cannot test this
  2. I already tried to reinstall the Roon Remote app but it did not solve the problem
  3. Usually I am just browsing my albums to play one of them but just opening the app and doing nothing sometimes causes the crash, after a few seconds.

The crash does not come systematically, it comes and goes.
Regards,

Hello,
I wanted to report that the crashes are almost gone thanks to two things:

• I plugged both my Cambridge CXN v2 and my Roon Core (Mac Mini) to ethernet
  • The Roon 1.8 Update
    I still had the occasional crash after going wired but since the latest Roon 1.8 update it’s become even better.
    I just have noticed the Roon remote app freezing from time to time otherwise it’s good!
1 Like

Might gave spoken too fast… since the last roon remote update on my iPhone, it crashes after 10 seconds. Didn’t change anything in my setup :cry:

The Roon app crashes on my iPhone since the update 1.8. during regular usage like searching.
Didn’t have any issues with the previous version (1.7) on the same iPhone.
What’s wrong?
Have some similar issues on my Macbook as well, the app freezes so I need to close and restart the app.
All since the update to 1.8!!
hope it will be fixed soon by Roon, because the fun factor using Roon has decreased a lot

1 Like

Hi @Bijan_Cheikh-Sarraf + @Nicolas_Rizcalla

Our team is looking into this, you can find more about this here:

We’ll be keeping that thread up to date as more information becomes available. You have our apologies for the continued trouble.

1 Like