iPhone remote touch screen sensitivity and choppy scrolling [Investigating]

Do you testers or any more feedback ?

Hi @Markus_Hubner ,

We don’t have any updates to share at the present time, but if we need further feedback or logs, we will let you know. Thank you for your patience as we look into this!

Is it just me or is the frame rate halving when you are scrolling back and forth ?

When I just scroll up it’s smooth. Scrolling just down is also smooth but scrolling up and down feels choppy.

Same thing with right and left. If I just scroll to the left it’s fine, just to the right it’s fine. But again, cutting back and forth just feels awful to me.

This only happens for iOS (latest updates for both Roon and iOS) on my iPhone.

It’s not just you. I thought my old iPad Air was just a bit slow these days, but the iPhone 12 does it too.

1 Like

Im seeing it on the 12 too. Glad im not going mad, its really ruining the app for me.

Some of us already reported it and you may want to join this thread here:

2 Likes

I recently updated to an iPhone 13 Pro from an iPhone X. I did not have the issue with iPhone X but with 13 Pro it’s super jittery. I feel like my head is gonna explode while using Roon, very uncomfortable on my eyes.

2 Likes

@noris said they can reproduce this bug but seems it somehow got stuck. The thing is it makes using the app for those affected a pain.

+1

Just moved from android to an iPhone 13 and it’s a very noticeable decline in quality of scrolling in roon. Seems to crash more often too.

1 Like

Hi @noris

Just checking this is still a priority to fix for Roon? iOS users would be grateful if this could be fixed somehow.

We would like to use the remote on our phones as well :slight_smile: As it stands, I avoid mine which is a shame really.

Thanks.

Hey @RBO,

Yes, this issue is still in the team’s queue. As per policy, I can’t comment on timelines of when the issue will be fully fixed, but we are aware of this and are working on it. Thanks in advance for your patience!

1 Like

This has been reported multiple times by forum users including me:

1 Like

Add me to the list.

Went from an XS Max without issue to 13 Pro Max and noticed it right away.

Maddening for sure considering how smooth the 13 Pro Max is in everything else but Roon.

Looking forward to the update. Glad to see it’s been reported, discovered and in queue. I find myself using Roon less because of it.

Yes it’s very strange since the iPhone 13 Pro has such an amazing performance that it’s actually really hard to the scrolling so choppy :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Same problem here on a new rock install. I just installed rock on old lenovo i3 skylake 2 core/4 threads 4gb ram,128gb ssd setup was a breeze,couldnt belive it how easy and quick it was,copied roon to usb and inserted in the lenovo pc,recognised the usb installer on reboot and within 5 min roon was running,the only problem I’m getting is using roon remote on my ipad pro 12.9 and iphone 13 pro max,Samsung android tablet,everthing loads very quickly and it found my node2 and ifi zen stream all connected via ethernet but when I’m scrolling on the ipad/iphone and my samsung tablet it’s very laggy and stuttery,my iphone 13 and ipad pro have 120hrz screens but it’s not helping,its a bit better on android but still laggy,the android app on my Samsung tablet froze and crashed twice today aswell,on ios roon is horrible to use,I even uninstalled rock and apps and then reinstalled everything again but it’s still the same,could it be this i3 dual core and 4gb ram isn’t powerful enough?I’ve got the chance of buying a skylake quad core i5 6500 8gb ram mini pc of someone but I’m not sure if the extra 2cores and 4gb ram will help,I only use tidal and my library is only 3000 tracks

Ye it does feel like a frame rate issue,on my ipad pro and iphone 13 pro max 120hrz pro motion it looks and feels the refresh rate is running at 30hrz or something

1 Like

Odd that you have it on Android. For me its only on iOS. Which is lucky because its so horrific i would of cancelled my sub if i had this issue on my new phone.

The lag is not as bad on my Samsung s4 tablet but it is there,ios is jst a mess,someone else with a Samsung tablet with lag issue

1 Like

Jst been lookin through the forum and seen that people have been complaining about this since atleast June,this is us now going into December,whats the time frame on this as I’ve jst spent £400 on the ifi zen stream for roon,£70 for a ssd for a old mini pc I had to install rock on it,I need a working remote app cause right now it’s a stuttering laggy disaster,wish I known about this before spending £400 on the zen although I can send it bck to amazon,my trial has jst finished yesterday and my plan was to buy a year roon subscription but now I don’t know what to do😔

3 Likes

@noris Can you give us an update or what we can do to speed up a fix.