iPhone remote touch screen sensitivity and choppy scrolling [Investigating]

At first they did. Then, said they managed to reproduce it.

Personally, I’ve lost all hope this will ever be fixed.

2 Likes

Scrolling on my iPhone 13 pro is still very bad. Is there a fix in the works?? Or is this issue even acknowledged by Roon?

(I wish they would make a true native iOS app… all these annoying issues would be a thing of the past)

2 Likes

It’s acknowledged and Roon are working on something, but it missed the 880 release.
So hopefully sometime in the near future (or further future if not)

Well, hopefully they are working on a native app.

That I doubt very much

One can always hope…

Many of us do… And not just for a native Roon app :grin:

1 Like

Would be good to get a feedback from Roon once in a while to see if they need any further contribution (log files etc) or just how things proceed. But seems the native app got neglected as there are other things like After lockscreen loosing position in playlists on iOS that are abandoned too.

@support We’ve gone into a new year now…

Will we ever be able to have a proper remote for our phones?

2 Likes

Considering that people are getting their whole libraries vaporized I think that one is not on top of their backlog.
I made a good decision by keeping monthly subscription in the end lol.

I can confirm the scrolling on my iPad Pro is not as smooth as my Samsung Galaxy phone. Likely a OS specific issue.

1 Like

Roon Core Machine

Intel NUC NUC8i5BEH, ROCK, 16gb RAM

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Xfinity Gateway, core on Ethernet, controllers on Wi-Fi

Connected Audio Devices

MacBook Pro > USB > RME ADI-2 DAC fs
RPi4/Ropieee > JDS Labs Element II
Various Sonos speakers

Number of Tracks in Library

~10,000 tracks

Description of Issue

Scrolling on both my iPhone 13 Pro Max and iPad Pro is rough and jittery.

1 Like

Hi Alan.

You’re not alone :slight_smile: We’ve been complaining about this for a long time.

1 Like

Search for “iOS scroll”. There are many threads, including one where Roon acknowledged and is doing work on it with a few individuals. Your concern is well voiced within the community.

I’m well aware of this. Just making it official by submitting a support request. Hoping to get some kind of update, been waiting on this since 2019.

I have merged your thread into this existing one to keep everything in one area.
Roon are well aware of this issue.

1 Like

Is there any way to get an update on their progress (it’s been over two years)? For those of us who use iOS as our primary controllers, this is quite frustrating. The lack of any communication exacerbates the situation.

1 Like

The only update you will get is that they are working on it. Which is obviously far from being enough nor fair for paying customers. Last word from Roon was about one month ago and no replies since.

If this won’t get sorted as a matter of urgency, I will cancel my subscription and move on. It’s just not worth the headache and horrible user experience.

1 Like

As the iPhone is the most used remote device for using Roon for many - this is quite sad to see.

3 Likes