iPhone11 Roon app crashing

If you’re primarily using the iPhone app to see what’s playing, skip tracks, change volume, and other basic functions then the Roon Extension “Web Controller” is a better solution. I made a PDF guide on my preferred way to get up and running with it.

I have same problem with iphone12

Same problem with iPhone 11 Pro. Sometimes it runs without bigger issues, sometimes it crashes after seconds. One of the few apps I have that are that buggy.

iPad app runs fine.

Best Robert

1 Like

Iphone 12 Pro Max Roon App Crashing.

Do Roon actually monitor or ever reply to these Forums?

Would be nice to know they are reading and attempting to solve the bugs.

Come on Roon Development Team. Correspond please with the community.

1 Like

Personally, I would be surprised if it was the iPhone hardware. I’ve generally had no problems with Roon Remote on any iPhone or iPad, but iOS/iPadOS changes seem to produce occasional problems. I am running iOS 14.3 (18C5061a) on an iPhone 12 Pro Max, and only in the last 24 hours has Roon Remote started crashing. Crashing seems to be happening only in Search. I can play from my Library for hours, scroll through Playlists of hundreds of tracks, etc. but in Search, Roon crashes within seconds.

I’ve deleted and reinstalled Remote, reinstalled OS, and of course rebooted the server.

My Nucleus+ is running OS 1.0 (build 227), Server 1.7 (build 667), and Roon Lab 1.0 (build 12).

Thanks Greg.

I run an Innuos Zen Mini Roon Server.

Updated all firmware and deleted and reinstalled Roon App. Same problem I am afraid. Happens on iPhone and iPad. I have 4 iPads (various home automation and general use) and same problem with each. My wife runs an iPhone 11 Pro Max and same problem.

I should add that it is stable on Mac OS BIG SUR across iMac and MacBook Pros

I have a iPhone 12 Pro Max and have the same problem. when i reset my phone, then 4 of 6 hours later, the program crashes. no solution afterwards, i have to reset my iPhone if i want to continu with the program. hopely they find a solution for this.

I am a brand new user, with my Iphone 11 and with my iPad Pro both with the latest os-software and latest version of the Roon software, I have the same problem with crashes. Most annoying is that the software times out and looses all the zones… sometimes the zones comes back a minute och two later.

Same here! Desktop app works fine

New user. Same issue. First 4 days of use, no problems. Every day since, it’s been hell…

My last post was on July 5th since then I haven’t had any more crashes until yesterday. The app crashes again after 20 seconds of use, nothing helps, it’s time for Roon to fix this problem!

Sorry to report it’s not fixed. It is basically unusable.

Same here, pretty frustrating. I have a hard time believing this is totally mysterious and unsolvable.

Rebooted phone about 3 days ago, issue came back last night. Restarted my Windows 10 Home Edition Roon Server this morning, app still crashes. Is it rebooting a phone for a music remote control app really considered an acceptable solution?

I’am a new user and experience the same problem. The Roon app crashes after about 30 seconds. It just quits, and I have to restart it again. I have an iPhone 11pro with ios 14.2.

Same here. Also a new user. My iOS app doesn’t even last 30 sec before crashing - it closes instantly upon trying to connect with Nucleus. Restarts and reinstalls don’t do anything. I’m using an iPhone XS running iOS 14.3. Love the platform (runs fine on Mac laptop) but the lack of iOS control may be a deal-breaker for me.

+1 Iphone 12 mini running latest ios crashes after 20 seconds or so. BUT other iphone 2 ipads and various computers all running latest software no issues. Very strange! Music continues to play. Have an NUC running ROCK as core

Same here. This bug comes and goes. The Roon client never crashes on my Mac. Crashes on iOS constantly. Then will work fine for weeks. Then will start crashing again. Does not even seem related to upgrades or the types of files being played. Totally weird.

Same issue here on an iPhone 11 Pro Max. Crashes after seconds. Add to that I never have been able to use the add to library/ favorite icon consistently and I truly am not happy being lifetime subscriber.