iPod Touch as a cheap endpoint

Thanks, Sean, but that does not seem to be the issue. I already had “private zone” set as shown to allow remote-control tracking, etc… That works as as long as music is playing. The problem is that remote-control isn’t restored after pausing the playback.

I know there’s a setting when using the iPhone as an output to leave screen awake when roon is playing. I have an old iPhone 5 that’s always plugged in and have as available active endpoint. The issue is the screen is always on.

Not sure if this a better way to keep endpoint always active.

I’ve used an iPod touch in the past, without the same problem. I think my approach was to go to settings and toggle to keep the device always on. This also works on iPads which, during presentations, will automatically cut out otherwise.

I bought a refurbished iPad Air at Amazon for $160. It looked like a new one. Some earlier iPads don’t work with Roon, so be sure and check Roon’s list of compatible iDevices. An iPad works much better as the Remote unit than an iPhone or iPod Touch just because the screen is larger and it appears there is more Roon functionality on an iPad.