Is Intel NUC 11 compatible with ROCK?

Looks like the first ones arrive silently, see the list! I start the migrate from Ubuntu too Rock now, will post about the results…

2 Likes

That was a quick one, I got it up and running on my NUC 11 in five minutes!

1 Like

Indeed the first 11s are now on the list, and I read somewhere on the forum that Roon is awaiting 12s for testing as well, so I guess they will be added when confirmed to work

Hi Jack, any difference between Rock and Roon Core on your NUC? I am also thinking of switching to Rock on my NUC11i5 with 16 GB Ram and 512 GB SSD. I am currently using Ubuntu OS. Roon website officially said that there is not sound quality difference between ROCK and Roon Core OS

Recently (around 11/17/2022) it became possible to install core on a NUC11.
It’s up and running fine since yesterday (11/16/2022).

yes! I can confirm it work flawlessly. Swapped from ubuntu server to ROCK. Only thing that I miss is knowing the temperature of the CPU and RAM consumption. Otherwise perfect!!!

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: My NUC7CJYH (it’s not on the list but it is UEFI) is not working with ROCK

Did the same thing with a 10 year old (no longer supported) Mac mini. Looks nice and runs like a dream on unbuntu.

1 Like

Intel shipped them… getting them next week I assume … NUC12WS

2 Likes

@EasyGlider , no real difference only much easier to install and maintenance. I was away from Roon for some time but before that I ran a long time on older NUC version with full satisfaction

For those who will make ROCK from now on, I will write down the accident I fell into.

I’m using “Etcher” to write a ROCK image to a USB, but in Windows 11, if I run it with normal privileges, an error occurs.
Be sure to run it with administrator privileges.
Additionally, motion detection blocks USB writes when Windows Defender is used for malware protection.
Allow “Etcher” if it is blocked.

for your information.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.