iSCSI LUN files not showing in the app

Roon Core Machine

Top spec iMac Pro.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

iSCIS LUN drive connected to iMac and works fine with everything else.

Granted full permissions.

Set the scan running and it took 3-days and nights to complete and now nothing else to do when I select Force Rescan.

FLAC files are not appearing in Roon to select.

Welcome to the forum, Andrew! I’m just a fellow user, trying to help.

Did you add the drive as a storage location in Roon? It can be done under settings.

Yes, the drive is showing in Finder, added a folder MUSIC\FLAC and copied all the files in then added this folder in ROON it took 3-days to scan as there are 11,500 files totalling 363GB and if I click to Force Rescan it now has no work to do so all looked fine until trying to play any in ROON.

Do you keep your drive connected to the Mac? Adding files to Roon doesn’t really transfer the files, it only lets Roon know where the files are so it can reach them and scan them.

If so, you still can’t see any album on Roon’s home screen?

Arlen, yes its permanently connected the QNAP NAS allocated 4TB of space to a dedicated iSCSI LUN and on the MAC KernSafe runs the iSCSI Initiator and this works fine for everything but ROON.

I’m not familiar with this. At first, I thought it was simply a USB device, but it’s something else. Maybe it simply doesn’t work with Roon.
See this:

Arlen, thanks for adding the link and surprised that the poster seems so down on iSCSI LUN they are used extensively in business as Altaro and VEEAM onsite backup storage areas as they are created on a Corporate NAS with the data protected by (often) RAID10 and over a good LAN you dont see any difference between this and a local drive.

Once setup on the NAS the macOS just sees a new drive and then formats as normal. ROON sees the storage once its added and spends the time indexing the files then they just dont show on the GUI.

Will try moving the files to a network share.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.