Issue connecting Astell & Kern AK HC-2 to Galaxy S24 causing Roon Arc to turn off (ref#H589BI)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

I'm having trouble with my DAC, speakers, streamer, etc.

What best describes the issue with your audio device?

Other

I am using Astell & Kern AK HC-2 for my Galaxy S24 . and When I connect AK HC-2 to my phone and run the room arc, the roon arc will turn off. Please update the driver as soon as possible

The ARC USB driver is still in BETA.

Hi @JANG_MIN_HO,

Thank you for the post. We merged a ticket issuing a fix for USB DAC’s causing crashing in ARC on Samsung devices - this was pushed as part of the ARC 1.0.47 release two weeks ago.

First, can you please specify the symptom you’re seeing? If you don’t have audio output functionality but the app stays open, you’re likely encountering a liminal support space with the USB driver as the moderators mentioned above.

However, if ARC is crashing completely when you connect the DAC, we want to verify you’re testing with the fix in place, so we can escalate this report.

Is this an issue you’re still encountering on the most recent build of ARC, 242?

Yes, yesterday I deleted and reinstalled the ron arc several times, and it still turns off when I connect roon arc to the Galaxy S24.

Hi @JANG_MIN_HO,

Are you still seeing this currently?

The crash we’ve identified in diagnostics from the date of your post is possibly preventable by taking the following steps before launching ARC on the phone:

Does this prevent the crash from occurring immediately?

Additionally, how much storage space is available on this phone?

I read your e-mail. I clear ALL. But CRASH occur again.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.