Issue with 5.1 test flacs

and also there is still issue with these MHc files, only 7 show up in roon rest is missing so it looks like roon is not able to process these files correctly. One big MESS.

As I said have no idea.
Does this relate to what you are doing?

What are MHc?

multichannel files.

And yes i am trying to install not core but Roon Bridge to produce /output sound via HDMI from intel nuc. Which is not working at all at the moment.

ok progress made… seems it has to be ubuntu server instead of desktop and if desktop it has to be selected in windows manager to use audio Output via HDMI what suddenly destroys graphical output. For now i am able to playback 2.0 via HDMI 0. Going to test mch

Okay playback of Mch flacs works also fine, all the channels are mapped correctly instead of using vero4k.

The last remaining issue is regarding to import of those mch flacs. I am not able to import flacs from github and from the dataset ( Multichannel Test Files (FLAC) with various channels/sample rates) only 7 files appear in my roon client even it says that all 17 were scanned.

thats pitty, when i finished the latest post all the sound dissappeared :slight_smile:

I used the link you provided on that page there is a download option … the file flac-test-files-master.zip contains the FLAC files and has some additional WAV files in the alsa folder.

As you can see they also show up as track 0, that’s why I said they could do with being tagged.
However, the lack of ID3 tags, does not stop Roon from importing them.

i am wondering why its not imported on my end…

just to sum up, nuc is fully working with proper multi channel mapping, use ubuntu server instead of desktop.

Import of files … still broken.

• Can you post the full path to one of the files you are having a problem with.
  • Can you post a screenshot of Roon’s Watched Folder configuration.
  • Have you checked the file permissions to make sure Roon is allowed to read them?

I also noticed Roon only displayed 7 of the 17 tracks. The 7 tracks were split between 2 albums. And like you, noticed there were no track numbers.

Once I assigned track numbers to all 17 tracks (using Mp3tag on my computer), Roon then displayed all 17 tracks, though it split them among several albums. From there, I used Roon to merge all the albums into a single album.

Now I have all 17 tracks in one album. :grinning:

i restarted roon server and files appeared there.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.