Issue with filtering when there are special characters

Same problem here. I don’t think it’s too much to ask to place the name of the directory that I’m sure the desired tracks reside in, in the Path funnel, such as e.g.:
Saint-Saëns & Chausson & Ravel (Itzhak Perlman, OdP, Martinon 24-28 1974)
This gives me 0 results. Adding a double quote (") at both the end and the beginning, thereby making it a literal string, did not improve matters.
Only when I remove every non-letter and non-digit character and slim my funnel phrase down to
Saint Saëns Chausson Ravel Itzhak Perlman OdP Martinon 24 28 1974
I finally get to see the desired tracks.

Why oh why???:confused:

While experimenting with this funnel function, it suddenly occurred to me that Roon might allow for RegExp searches. Could that be true? Or am I totally off-track here? Or perhaps the Roon search engine uses Regular Expressions internally?

Maybe there are other “secret” characters that can be placed at the beginning and end of the search string so as to force Roon to look for tracks in paths containing the exact search string (including hyphens, brackets etc.)??

Hi @Hans_Valeton,

We have a ticket in with our development team regarding this issue. I can’t say for certain when a change here will be made, but we’ll be sure to keep you updated once we have more information.

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply, @dylan

Any chance someone can answer the above question, please?

Anyone who has an answer? This can’t be that difficult. A simple yes or no will do!

Hi @Hans_Valeton,

You cannot Search using RegExp, but you might want to check out our Focus feature for finding content in your Roon library:

https://kb.roonlabs.com/FAQ:_How_do_I_create_a_smart_playlist%3F_How_do_I_save_a_Focus%3F

Hi @dylan,

Thanks for your quick reply. I will try out your suggestion but that will have to wait for later 'cause right now I’m leaving for a concert!

Same issue with “.” (R.E.M for example)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.