Issue with Roon app unable to connect to server (ref#96UYSQ)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

I'm having trouble connecting to Roon

What type of connection issue?

*None* of my remotes can connect

Once open the Roon app, it shows still looking for server although all is on. I can't open the Roon os.

Please give details of your Roon and network setup, including what devices your Roon Server and Roon clients are running on.

A screenshot of what you are seeing when you open the Roon app would also be very helpful in diagnosing your issue.

1 Like

Hi @Sung_Min_Park,
Thanks for letting us know about this issue. Once you give us the details @Geoff_Coupe asked for we will be able to help you.

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the email.

The Roon Nucleus is running through the network and Naim ND5 XS2 is a host as an end unit.

I use the controller, Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra.

Please find the attached.

Please note: My Nucleus surface has recently gotten hotter; I don’t know why.

Thank you again,

John Park

Try accessing your Nucleus via a web browser

You can also normally try http://nucleus.local/ as well from a mac, or just http://nucleus/ from a windows machine.

If you cannot, try rebooting it.

Still nothing, check your ethernet connections. Try a different cable. I see (I believe) an Audioquest ethernet cable. Try a cheap one for testing.

You say it’s gotten warmer/hotter - have you reinstalled Roon?

Could also be a bad SSD

1 Like

@Sung_Min_Park in addition to @Menzies’ advice also connect your nucleus to a monitor via an HDMI cord and upload a screenshot of what you see. This can help rule out a hardware issue.

1 Like

Knew I forgot something :upside_down_face:

Thanks Menzies, I did try all the ways which you mentioned but nothing happened. It happened before but after a few hours the issue was resolved but not this time… I will try a different way tonight and see.

Let me try it, thanks.

Actually, I didn’t have such an issue when I owned and operated through the iPhone OS. Since I changed the phone to Android, this issue has occurred. Am I missing something from my Samsung Galaxy 20 Ultra phone?

Hi Daniel,
Is it possible for you to connect my Nucleus for diagnostics?
It is connected to the ethernet cable and turned on.
Let me know.
Thanks

On your Galaxy 20 Ultra, in the chrome app, type http://nucleus/

You should get this screen. Mine is for a Roon Rock machine.

If you don’t, as @daniel mentions, connecting it to a monitor or TV via HDMI will show white text at the top left of the screen with info relating to it being connected to your network, or not. A photo of this would help further

Hi Menzies,
You mean that I type HTTP://nucleus/ the hostname under the help screen where allows me to type the IP address or hostname.

In Chrome web browser or any web browser

Or just click on the hyper link you or I posted

Hi Daniel
Can you check my Nucleus unit remotely?
It seems to me that the hardware has an issue.
Last night I installed the Roon app/program on my Mac Mini, and it ran flawlessly without any issues.
It acts as a Roon server. However, once I disconnect the Mac Mini and try to connect my Nucleus as a Roon server, it keeps searching the screen pop and can’t find my Nucleus. I purchased it in 2021 from a US distributor and am wondering whether I can get it serviced under warranty.
Please check my Nucleus and give me diagnostics if you can.
Let me know, please.
Thanks

@Sung_Min_Park

Once you upload the screenshot we can move forward. I need the screenshot to be able to tell if this is due to hardware.

Okay, I will do that tonight. Thanks.

Hi Daniel
I hooked up the roon nucleus to my personal computer via HDMI cable but didn’t see any screen pop unfortunately.
As a trial, I installed the roon app on my mac mini and now the roon can be open only from mac mini though. See the screeshot for that.
I brought the nucleus to my office to try connect the different computer via HDMI but no screen was appeared.
I didn’t connect the nucleus now but let me know if you want to check the hardware via online then I will connect it.