Issue with RoPieeeXL after update

Well, about 4 hours after installing the updates today, my entire Roon ecosystem has fallen apart. Things continued to work as expected using my Pi2AES on a RPi4 running RoPieeeXL (latest version) but about an hour ago, songs started cutting out, sound quality dropped dramatically, and finally, it got to the point where every song was refusing to play and being skipped for the next one on that RoPieeeXL endpoint.

I unplugged the RPi4 and it disappeared from Roon. After discovering there was Roon Bridge update to apply (via Settings > About), I was able to access the RoPieeeXL via the browser and using its LAN IP but it still wouldn’t appear in Roon no matter how many times I restarted the application. I’m using a 2014 MBP as my core.

Unplugged the RoPieeeXL again and now it appears in Roon again and is will play songs again.

Except it outputs no audio.

I’m using an MHDT Labs Pagoda Balances (via AES) and get no signal whatsoever. I’ve tried Roon and Spotify and it’s the same result (and both worked fine earlier today both before and for a little while after applying the updates to Roon Core and my various Remotes).

I have an MHDT Labs Atlantis and hooked that up as well, using RCA and it also receives no signal from the Pi2AES.

I’ve checked the thread and it doesn’t appear as though anyone else has posted about an issue like this so far. Has anyone else experienced this today? I really hope my HAT didn’t just die suddenly. This is extremely annoying.

Hi @Kyle_Kerley, sorry for the trouble here!

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Do other endpoints work okay?

I reflashed the SD card with the latest RoPieee software and all works again as it was hours ago.

1 Like

That would have been the first this to try…just a coincidental SD corruption probably…life’s like that sometimes.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.