Issues playing to BT headphones

Ok. Frustrated to have to revive this.

BT headphone connected to iMac. Music plays through BT headphones when the source from the iMac is any of the following native apps: Tidal, Qobuz, Apple Music, Spotify, anything on Safari or other web browser, including from the Tidal or Qobuz web interfaces.

When the source is Roon, music will only play through iMac speakers. I tried the ideas that I saw above, like adding the BT headphones as a source in Roon, but Roon doesn’t recognize them, and I don’t see a place to force that connection.

Even the Qobuz app sees the iMac speakers and the BT headphones as different playback endpoints.

Not Roon.

Hello @dcw96161, are you able to play to system output of the mac with Roon and connect system output to the BT headphones without issue?

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Hi, I am seeing exactly the same thing. My Mac Pro shows my Bowers & Wilkins PX headphone on the sound button. The Qobuz app also offers them as an output. But Roon does not see them at all in Settings - Audio. Roon offers Defaut Device, CoreAudio - which is the internal speaker, another CoreAudio - which is the external optical output, a further CoreAudio - which is the HDMI monitor speakers and CoreAudio - my webcam microphone (surely this should not appear as an output?). I’ve attached screenshots.
I can play to the headphones if I set Roon to use the Default output and select the Bowers & Wilkins in the Sound button.

Core Machine - mac mini (Mid 2011) running Dosdude's Catalina 10.15.7. CPU - 2.3 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5, 8 GB ram, 1TByte SSD. Roon 1.8 build 764 Remote Machine - mac pro late 2013 running Big Sur 11.2.3. CPU - 3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5, 64GB ram, 512GByte SSD. Roon 1.8 build 764 Network - 1000BaseT going through Netgear 24 Port Gigabit Switch Audio - Bowers & Wilkins PX headphones Library stored on SSD on about core machine, Qobuz,

Don’t understand why the screenshots didn’t appear on my reply. So here they are again

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.