Issues with Build 536

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10 Pro desktop, core i7 4790K, 32GB Ram, 2Tb SSD, RTX 2070 Super
Operating wireless placed 8ft from the router (line of sight)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Synology RT2600ac Router

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Remotes: iPhone 11 pro, iPad Pro 2018

Bluesound Flex 2i (ethernet wired directly to router)
Bluesound Soundbar 2i (ethernet wired via TP Link ethernet power line adapter)

Description Of Issue

Following the update to Build 536, I am noticing the following issues.

1. ‘Overview’ loading relatively slowly (5-10) seconds. This was definitely around 1-2 seconds before the update.
  2. Tags overview loading slowly on the iOS remotes (as compared to before the last update)
  3. Adding a Tidal track to the library and then attempting to add this to a playlist, opens the familiar window listing all existing playlists. The graphics and fonts appear jumbled, overlapping and they flicker as I move the mouse.

For Reference, this is how the same window looked before the update:

A post was split to a new topic: Loading of Overview is a lot slower now

Hi @Yiannis_Kouropalatis,

I’m not seeing this on my end — Can you possibly record a video of the process to you’re taking to see the issue? Is this happening on all remotes?

Hi @Yiannis_Kouropalatis,

• How large is your library? Can you give the total number of tracks shown in Overview?
  • If possible, are you able to connect to the network via Ethernet as a test? Is there any improvement?

Ηι @dylan
Many thanks for the quick response :slight_smile:

Sorry for missing to report, the issue with the fonts is happening on the Core machine (Win 10 PC) and not the ios remotes. The issue occurs intermittently and not consistently. I also saw it happen when clicked on Tags ah hour ago.

Regarding number of tracks: I have 9000 tracks in my library (99% local). Sadly I cannot connect the PC to ethernet due to where it is located but I can confirm the slowness in loading the ‘Overview’ page started right after the update.

All above issues are not critical but i wanted to report for info and perhaps future optimisations.

Best

Thanks for the details, @Yiannis_Kouropalatis.

The next time you see this please make a note and I’ll enable diagnostics so the team can look a bit more closely at this issue.

Hi @Dylan,

I am noticing an additional strange issue with the iOS remote (iPhone 11pro): Potential battery drain. I am attaching some photos to illustrate. Is this battery usage problematic or expected?

Many thanks

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.