Issues with ID40 and ID41 cards

MY ID40 and ID41 have been nothing but trouble for ages neither working with an MD600 nor Roon (Server on 2012 Mac Mini . I’ve taken down the MD600 till I get new bigger drives and even after trying the ’ Audio Endpoint Reset’ on both cards they are not seen on the network and therefore not available to Roon.

Very disappointing

~M~

Hi @Moonloop ----- Thank you for the feedback, I have went ahead and moved your post over to it’s own thread so we can address this behavior with you directly.

Moving forward, to help aide in our understanding of this behavior you are reporting may I very kindly ask you to please provide the following information:

• A brief but accurate description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

• Please describe your network configuration/topology, being sure to provide insight into any networking hardware you are currently working with. I want to have a clear understanding as to how your device are communicating and all the tools involved with making these connections possible.

• Please also be sure to provide the firmware versions of your various devices.

-Eric

Hi Eric ,
Thanks for getting in touch . I am awaiting delivery of a new pair of drives for the MD600 so at the moment despite constant 'Audio Endpoint Resetting ’ which is Meridian- speak for a reboot of the ID40/41 cards both of which are wired into a Pakedge GB24 switch , they are not appearing in an IPScanner Pro search of my network though this may be related to the absence of the MD600 at the moment . Previously , both cards could briefly flicker in either Roon or Sooloos zone listings . This has been the case through the last 4 routers I have tried which included a Zyxel , a Sky and then Sky Q Hub . I even bought an Apple Extreme to try to help out but to no avail. Current Router
Latest fibre speedtest is 76 download and 19 upload.

Current kit : Roonserver 1.4 (build 294) on 2012 Mac Mini 2.6ghz i7 with 16gb DDR3 RAM running MacOS High Sierra 10.3.2 with music stored on a WD 8tb Thunderbolt Duo Drive . Remotes include iPhones 7S/X and iPad Pro and a 2010 17" MacBook Pro. Mini is connected directly to Meridian HD621 by HDMI , and to an 861V8 by both USB and a Meridian Explorer 2 and with ID41 on board . In the bedroom is an 861V4 with ID40 .

I have contacted my Meridian dealer about the latest firmware . He did try to help me before so I know at that point all firmware was up to date but Ill check . The latest router was only installed last week so definitely has the latest firmware .
New drives for MD600 are due tomorrow or Monday and I will be able to check all Meridian firmwares are up to date then .
Cheers

~M~