Issues with NAD C399 playing specific file types after activating Dirac via ROON app (ref#N05ODT)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

I'm having trouble playing music

What best describes your playback issue?

Other

I have a NAD C399, and in my library (QNAP NAS) I have the following files types- (DSD64, flac- MQA, 192khz, 176.4khz, 96khz, 88.2khz, 48khz, 44.1khz, 22.05khz)
All play fine via ROON when Dirac is OFF, however once Dirac is activated the following files will not play -(MQA, DSD64, 176.4khz, 88.2khz)
My current workaround is to set the MQA capabilities of the C399 as "Decoder Only", and use "Sample Conversion" parameters-
88.2khz to 96khz
176.4khz to 192khz
and all those above 192khz to resample to 192khz
This setup will at least let me listen to all my music, but it is not ideal. Hopefully those having similar issues i.e. M33 and C658 may find my workaround of use until a solution is found.
I have raised this with BluOS (ref#285621) since October 4th 2022.

Something similar was, at least, a known BlueOS issue:

There were lots of threads about it at one time:

https://community.roonlabs.com/search?context=topic&context_id=269155&q=88.2%20Nad&skip_context=true

I don’t know if Blusound fixed this in firmware updates since. Make sure your devices are updated

Hi Suedkiez, yes I did see these previous mentions of the problem, but threads are closed pretty quickly so it’s hard to keep track of progress/fixes.
Every 6 months I get back in touch with BluOS support for an update, but no joy so far.

Hi @Mark_Worthington ,

We’ve been in contact with the Bluesound team recently and they are actively working on this issue.
As per policy, I can’t comment on a timeline of when they will have a fix available for this, but progress is being made.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.