Issues with Roon: Slow Performance, Skipping Tracks, and Search Errors (ref#L74QGU)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

I'm having trouble playing music

What best describes your playback issue?

Significant lag after pressing play

roon is slow skipping tracks and search

roon runs on a nucleus (rev B) connected by cable to Deco X60 mesh in the bedroom - connected by cable to Deco X60 in the study, to which a PS Audio AirLens is connected by cable.

Music is on an SSD inside the nucleus.

Search is slow in bringing in results and populating the Overview page, for up to one minute.

Skipping to the next track in an album takes long seconds.

It frustrates me as I love the platform so much.

Did you already install the latest update that is supposed to help with (some) performance issues? Maybe it didn’t help or make things worse?

Software version is up to date…

Hello @Iftach_Landau ,

Thank you for the report here. We’ve enabled diagnostics for your account and can confirm that logs came in properly. I’ve asked the team to look into this further, and we will reach out once we have more information to share.

1 Like

Hi @Iftach_Landau,

The team is working on implementing a solution for this performance issue that will be released with the next Roon build. I wanted to check the temperature to see if you’re continuing to see symptoms with the same extremity in the meantime. How has RoonServer performed in the last week?

1 Like

First of all, Thank you

I experience most slowness skipping tracks: during playback, press the next track arrow and it will take up to 30 seconds to resume playing.

Roon is also slow building the artist page when searching. This can take up to one minute.

Did you find anything interesting in the logs?..

Hello @Iftach_Landau ,

Some time has passed, so I wanted to reach out again. Are you still seeing this issue even in the latest Roon release? We have made a few changes that may have helped with this issue and I wanted to check. Let us know when possible, thanks!

Hi @noris
Since the last release, track skipping has improved!

But the search is still slow, especially the forming of the page after the artist is found