Issues with scroll not keeping its place [Fixed in Roon 1.8 (Build 806)]

Have you restarted everything after upgrading ?

I did restart everything.

1 Like

The only reference I could see to scrolling in the B778 Release Notes was under Focus, which reads:

• Scroll position doesn’t persist between pages

This seems the opposite of what you are wanting. I’ll see if we can attract a dev to explain what the intended behaviour is here.

1 Like

That is the name of the bug. Its listed under fixed.

Hi @Dusty,
what if you use the keyboard Ctrl+Left instead of a mouse click for going back?

I can’t reproduce this on Windows. Stays fixed even between restarts of the Remote and the Core.
Update: Still an issue.

Note: Different remote devices may need to be fixed individually.

Do you use bookmarks?

Yes. (10 chars)

There must be something wrong with your setup! In my copy the “scroll position” works perfectly OK.

So I fired up my macbook pro which I use as a remote and surprise, its not fixed on it either. The scroll issue is still present. Even though I updated and restarted the laptop. You can blame it on one machine, but two? Common…

Not unless you have selected the Discography tab under an artist. The overview tab works fine but the Discography scrolls to the top when hitting the back button. This scroll issue is pure madness! I’m so ■■■■■■ I have no words!

2 Likes

Ok, I see. Then it was fixed ONLY in the Albums section. And doesn’t work in the Recent activity and Discography.

Even in the albums section, if you apply some filters or simply use bookmarks that go to the albums section (and applying filters and sorting) it still scrolls to the top. I understand that this doesn’t happen for anyone and I can’t tell why its happening for me (on 2 different machines with different configurations). @support please get my logs and fix this because I’m going crazy here.

2 Likes

I have exactly the same issue - super annoying. I have thousands of albums in any given genre, I scroll through them, getting to “p” for example, go back to previous page, and it scrolls to the top!

Please Roon fix this. It is a major annoyance!

3 Likes

So I’m not alone in this. Thanks for letting me know. I don’t understand whats going on at Roon. 4 weeks ago they were aware of this issue. Others as well as myself have detailed the issue and they acknowledged it and yet no fix. Furthermore they say they did. How is this not seen as critical is beyond me.

Yes, @support, please repair that urgently. It is annoying.

1 Like

I’ve checked it. Yes, the same for me. If I apply several filters, it goes up to the top every time. So, this bug wasn’t fixed. :disappointed:

I created a separate request in support. Roon need to know about this issue and they need to know how many users its affecting. I agree with you: it’s rendering the Roon experience redundant right now.

2 Likes

Like so many things. So much for extended beta testing and QA.

Scrolling issue for sure not fixed. Never had issues in albums view even before 778, but absolutely had and still have this issue in bookmarks and when expanding the recent activity on the home view.