It’s a little too expensive for me

Yes. You need to click the Enable icon, and set up the device. It might be most versatile setting up volume control as Device Volume (which allows Roon to directly control the Node’s volume out to the integrated amp). If you don’t trust it, then Volume Control would be set to Fixed Volume and the integrated amp will control sound volume.

1 Like

deleted, sorry

I’m at release 1.7 build 610. It downloads an update and when it goes to install it comes back with, there was an error with the update. What should I do?

Update: After rebooting a couple of times I was able to update.

Thanks

1 Like

Does Roon have live radio stations or will it attach to a device like bluesound to play radio? Thanks

Thanks, I have a to play with it a while and I’ll get a real of it’s capabilities.

Yes it has Live Radio stations - take a look in the main navigation menu.

Thank you, I’m a newbie but I found it, I wasn’t sure if the list was from Roon or if it was being passed to Roon from my bluesound which is how I get to my amp.

There should be help popups as you browse the app if you are a new user. Be sure to read the KB (Knowledge Base) thoroughly as well. It will save you some frustration.

Roon forum amazing, I learn everything from here, almost everything. $700 not just Roon, network, music and audio gears. I am here very much everyday from the day I found Roon. Guys all over around the word come together solved my problem. I am very happy Roon member.

6 Likes

Told my wife I don’t need Facebook, I have Roon community a lot better.

5 Likes

I agree 100%. I really enjoyed my year with Roon, but it is way too expensive for long term.

Once a week we buy Fish n Chips for Saturday evening. That’s £16.00 which is £64 a month so over the year we spend more than a Roon lifetime on a common everyday takeaway meal.
I think this puts the cost of Roon into perspective in the modern world, so the objection is not the cost, it must be the perception of value to an individual.
Value is a fine a fair assessment for anyone and cannot be disputed but please do not confuse it with the cost. The price of Roon is more than fair and reasonable.

3 Likes

For the cost of a cup of coffee or 2 and cake once a month you must be on the skids to not see the value given, but everyone has their price.

2 Likes

As I am sure has been mentioned.
Roon server/Core will run on just about any modern PC.

I have tried Roon Core/Server on NUC, HP elite (Nuc equivalent), a Laptop etc. PC’s from 8 years old to current models.

I have also used Roon Windows, and Linux (Ubuntu 20.04 lts) server cores.
All work perfectly well.

Also low priced streamer options like the RPI4, make entry quite cost effective.

I agree the subscription could be cheaper.
For users that only need one zone, I believe a cheaper streamlined subscription should exist.

1 Like

Please don’t be preaching about value and who can afford what. $119.88 per year / $699 per lifetime is Roon’s set price. If you can blow $20k on an audio cable, $699 is probably not going to hurt. If you’re struggling to feed the wife and kids, you probably should have other priorities. Personally, I think its on the high side (relatively), but I sold an organ and went for it anyway; it only hurt for the first few months, and then I forgot.

I would expect if roon was to segment its zone count support it would have the existing version as the lite at its current cost and another version with unlimited endpoints and maybe networked storage as a premium tier. $10 a month is toilet paper money for what you get.

If you can’t afford roon then get over it and stop complaining, go and settle for something else. If you can’t find value in what costs this is how you have vote. The forum is not a negotiation platform for pricing or value. The prices are all upfront documented. End of rant…again. Not directed at anyone but for all to think about.

2 Likes

Yep, sad truth. Roon set the price, and moaning probably won’t get you a discount :smile:

1 Like

lol. True.

This forum should be a place where reasonable views can be expressed.
Just because you don’t agree with comments made, shouldn’t be a license for rudeness or dismissing others viewpoints. If the comments irritate you, maybe don’t participate.

I am very happy with Roon, but that doesn’t mean I don’t have opinions about its pricing model.

3 Likes