I've upset ROON and it will not play music!

Glad things are working well for you!

Thanks Scott. Your interest and help was most appreciated.
John

Hi @JOHN_COULSON,

Thanks for reaching out to us here and thank you to @grossmsj for helping John out here while this case reached our queue. I think I know what happened here, let me try to explain:

• When you added the second storage location, Roon was still accessing the old storage location as well

• This caused Roon to see the files from the second hard drive as “new” and to not have the previous metadata associated with them

• Since Roon was not able to find the files in the original storage location because they were moved, you were seeing the album has been deleted screen

• You tried to restore a backup, which preserves the original storage locations of where the media files were and Roon tried again to import these files as new files

The issue here isn’t that the files have been moved, Roon will happily re-import the files, but it is essential that Roon only sees one copy of the media files at any given time so that the the files can be matched to existing database entries (as per the preserve edits guide that Scott mentioned).

As for your “Uninstall” question, the best way to get Roon into a fresh state is to rename the Database Location from “Roon” -> “Roon_old”. This will set the old database aside, but should only be done when you have exhausted other options, and keep in mind that restoring a backup afterwards will revert the database to the previous state.

Either way, glad to hear that you have manged to resolve this issue and that the files are now properly located and playable.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.