KEF LS50W - Roon lost control of Audio Device

I have the same issue with KEF LS50 Wireless. It doesn’t matter if I’m running on WiFi nor on ethernet. I have several other Roon devices but they never loose their connection (Naim, ProJect).
Restart of the entire system solves the problem but it will loose the connection after a while.
Detail:

1. Select the KEF as source. This is succesful in the KEF unit (it selects the new input).
  2. But the Roon GUI reply that ‘Roon lost control over the audio device’.

I have the latest versions of both Roon and KEF software so that doesn’t help the issue.

Hello Ingemar,

I’ve moved your post to a new thread so that support might see your issue.

Hi @Ingemar_Hedvall,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Is there any change in behavior if you try to factory-reset the KEFs?

Problem solved. In the previous setup, I let the Core (Intel I5 NUC) connect the KEF LS50 directly through the wired LAN. If a packet is lost, the Core and the KEF stops communicate. Restart of KEF doesn’t help but a restart of the Core Server will recover the situation.
The solution is to connect a computer in between so the Core connect to a Windows machine with Roon and connecting the KEF to the USB port instead. This solution never fails.

1 Like

I looks like the Core and its Audio client node loses its socket connection. This is a common problem in IP ethernet networks and the solution is that both sides periodically send zero byte to the other end to verify that the remote still is active.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.