Kii Three speaker

just linked my comparison here

@Kii_Audio
Maybe KII could give us something like this: Dutch & Dutch 8C Active Speakers
Senit wants to integrate it with Roon, but what about the great lossless volume control of the KII?

BTW: When I feed the control via USB is it possible to adjust the internal volume control of the KIIs?

a MicroRendu will be a fine endpoint. Itā€™s a good streamer, the software is great and is supported. You may even be able to find one used, as Sonore just came out with new optical based streamers, and probably there will be Micro owners upgrading.

1 Like

Iā€™d be interested to know what DSP adjustments you make to the Kii to get the sound more to your liking.

Thanks! A used MicroRendu is already on its way. I bought it primarily as an UPNP bridge to get Roon on my Devialet Phantom Golds, but if it is sufficient as an endpoint to the Threeā€™s Iā€™ll probably use it there. The original plan was to use the Bluesound Node 2 as the endpoint to the Threeā€™s.

Depends on your room. What the Dutch&Dutch makes very good for ā€œhomeā€ listeners is that they tuned the speaker according to the research of Floyd Toole (just trying to read and understand it). So out of the box you start with a very ā€œwelcomingā€ Sound with no fatigue at all!
KII goes the absolute neutral way from the beginning. This sometimes shocks people, who tend to make up their mind fast (as I did). I spoke with their CEO @Kii_Audio about that as a proposal to use the presets of the remote to have ā€œFloyd Tooleā€ setting for the average home listener.
There is a guy in Gearslutz who tuned both of them in a way, in which you canā€™t distinguish them at all (sorry couldnā€™t find the link). You can do this by decreasing the treble (one measure of many), but it depends on your room etc. Help from dealer or experienced people is recommended (by the way I would recommend setting either D&D or KII professionally with EQ to get the best out of it). I will also get help for it.

Some side note: A very experienced friend of mine whoā€™s recommendations I always respect ā€œforcedā€ me to spend time with them. He said to me ā€œyou need time to adjust to this new level of right sound - your brain will say no at first sight, because it is unusual from what it knowsā€. He is right. It is a change of what emotionally drives you. Especially lower frequency hearing changes a lot.
I spend some hours and then it made click :slight_smile: and that click didnā€™t go away :slight_smile:

PS: EQ can be done in the KII or more advanced in Roon.

1 Like

Mastered on KII

The link brings me to Tidal.com, not a playlist or similar.

ItĀ“s the link to the song. When it doesnā€™t work, just type the name in :slight_smile:

Still no luck. If I choose to copy the link you have provided it shows ā€œhttps://tidal.com/ā€. Whatā€™s the name of the artist and the song? Iā€™m logged on to Tidal, so a link to the song should bring it right up.

2 Likes

Yeah, I would be very interested to try a Harman curve on the Kiis. Iā€™ve attempted to do it with Roon, I canā€™t really get what I want. Weā€™re talking about something like a -10db slope from 20hz to 20Khz. This in room was perceived by most listeners as ā€œflatā€. Actual ā€œflatā€ response in room was perceived as bright.

I donā€™t think the Kiis generally need it on acoustic music, but a lot of popular music is purposely mastered very bright, IMO, and I think it needs toning down.

What did Kii say to your suggestion of such a preset?

Some nighttime lecture :sweat_smile:

http://www.aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=17839

KII was a little hesitant at the beginning of the discussion/mails. I think they got the point, but donā€™t know the exact measures. I proposed to create a ā€žpresetā€œ for it, even it is not perfect for every room.

Awesome lecture!

Iā€™m having trouble getting a MicroRendu to recognise the Kii Control. Rebooting or reinstalling the firmware on the MicroRendu doesnā€™t help. Any suggestions will be highly appreciated. Has anyone here experience with combination of MicroRendu and Kii Control?

Iā€™ve used it and it worked fine. Iā€™d turn everything in the chain off and then turn them on in order from the wall with the mR last: router to server to KiiControl to mR. Let each one come all the way on before turning on the next. In some setups the DAC\Control and mR have to each ā€œseeā€ each other to work.
When you plug in the Control and the mR and open Roon setup, is the mR listed as a device to install?

Jesus of Sonore often recommends to go to Settings-> Roon Ready (in your case) and press Save to make sure all config settings are correct.
Hope you get it working!

Thank you for the reply. Iā€™ll try the procedure and see if the MicroRendu detects the Control.
@ogs Thanks, Iā€™ve tried to restart, delete, reinstall, press save etc. but at the moment the Control and MicroRendu arenā€™t shaking hands.

Edit:
Tried the procedure and it didnā€™t work. I believe I have the worst HiFi carma. Now I have to vacuume, maybe that will sort my carma out.

Write to Jesus at Sonore. Tell him what your setup is. He may be able to help.

1 Like

Will do, but Iā€™m a little hesitant, Iā€™ve bothered him a bit lately with the Phantom UPnP/Sonore UPnP Bridge incompatibility. The UPnP implementation of Devialet isnā€™t stellar.