Korg DS-DAC-10R on ROCK, No native DSD playback strategy

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Roon Optimized Core Kit / NUC7i7BNH / Roon Server Software Version 1.7 (build 511) stable

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Netgear WNR3500L Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Korg DS-DAC-10R / USB

Description Of Issue

No native DSD playback strategy.

I think this issue is how ropieee is reporting the dac capability or are you also having this issue on ROCK? Not all builds of Linux fully support all DSD formats and rates, and might only be recognized as DoP capable at one rate lower than you might hope. If harry can get your feedback this might be the best option as Roon rock OS updates are not so often.

You might also reach out to the seller or manufacturer to ask them about their Linux support for DDD

Seems to be non-existent.

OK, but on the Partner Devices Matrix ( https://kb.roonlabs.com/Partner_Devices_Matrix ) it is written : 192kHz DSD128 for Korg DS-DAC-10R, and on the Korg Partner ( https://roonlabs.com/partners/korg.html ) it is written : No driver is needed on Mac or Linux.

I gess Linux is supported, so @support where is the problem ?

what is your ROCK install version? See on the GIU web page

It has to be a version of Linux that has been patched to see the Korg as a DSD native device or be sufficiently old and stable to be included in LTS versions. ROCK and Ropieee are ahead of the curve here being purpose designed for USB connection for music reproduction. What is interesting is that the screen shot shows the Korg as an unidentified device. That most certainly should not be the case. You should see a 10R shaped icon.

According to the Korg site no Linux support anymore.

Does DoP work?

Thank you for your messages. I am currently at work, I am answering your questions this evening.

When you have time test DSD64 via DoP and DSD128 via DoP.

I believe DSD64 should work.

Hi @Dirk-Pitt,

I noticed in this screenshot your device is not identified, can you try clicking on “Identify this device” and then selecting the Korg DS-DAC-10R from the menu?

This means that it would work with Mac and Linux in general, not that this device has Native DSD support for Mac/Linux. For Native DSD to work, it has to be patched into the ROCK Kernel.

I would try DoP output as @wklie suggests and confirm that works as expected first.

Roon Optimized Core Kit Version 1.0 (build 183) stable

Unless I’m mistaken, I don’t have Korg in this window.

The Korg is a Roon Tested device, so it should show up in the Identify Device field when you search for Korg, if it doesn’t please share a screenshot.

No, sorry.

Yes, it works. DSD64 via DoP and DSD128 via DoP.

Not DSD256 via DoP, but I think it’s normal.

That’s strange… if you click on Reset Filter, are you seeing any Roon Ready/Roon Tested devices there? What about if you reboot the Core?

Yes, I see devices, but no Korg.

Same after reboot.

Great. Then it’s working. For your DAC, you don’t actually need native DSD to play DSD. Native DSD is needed if and only if DoP does not work.

DSD256 is not supported by your DAC. So it’s normal.

It still doesn’t address the issue of the fact the Korg is being marketed as Roon Ready but doesn’t appear to be. Has there been an issue with its certification?