QNAP NAS

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Ethernet / ASUS Routers / No VPN

Connected Audio Devices

Various. This isn’t about audio output…

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Hello,

I have a strange issue I’ve been dealing with since upgrading the graphics card in my computer 6-8 months ago. I have a NVIDIA 4090.

The issue I’m encountering is that the framerate of my cursor and the UI when using Roon in the foreground is laggy. When I mouse around / hover over UI elements, the UI stutters and lags. This doesn’t happen with any other application on my computer, just Roon.

Also, it only happens when the application is in the foreground. If I’m focused on another window, I can mouse-over the UI and there is zero lag, even though it’s responding to mouseover events, etc…

Here’s a video:

I’ve reinstalled graphics drivers from scratch, uninstalled and reinstalled Roon as well. No change.

Ideas?

After more digging, it looks like this is a GSync issue. The only fix is to disable GSync, which is a non-starter for me…

Are you considering fixing this? I know Roon does a lot of custom GPU-accelerated work, it would be great to properly configure things using NVidia’s provided APIs. Thanks!

Hey @Jonathan_Terleski,

You have my apologies for the extreme delay in getting to your thread! I was able to bring this issue to our development call earlier today, as the GSync issue you mentioned has been discussed in the past.

Are you using an HDR Monitor?

As a next step please review this post shared by one of our Developers:

Let me know if adding -nodeepcolor argument helps in the meantime. :+1:

1 Like

Thanks for the response.

I don’t quite understand that thread? I don’t use an Intel GPU (in fact, my processor does not even have one). I’m using an nvidia 4090. I did go through the steps in the thread and there were no drivers it wanted to install…

Hey @Jonathan_Terleski,

Thanks for the additional info! If there are no driver updates for your monitor, did you try adding -nodeepcolor argument? Here’s the step by step from the other tread to save time:

You can disable 30-bit color on Windows by adding the -nodeepcolor argument to the application shortcuts that you use to launch Roon. You can access this setting by right-clicking (or shift+right-click on pinned task bar items) on the shortcut, selecting “Properties”, and adding the flag to the end of the “Target” field, like this:

Let me know, thanks!

Yes, this fixed it, thank you!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.