Latest software update is bad

Guys,

I have roon everywhere; iMac, Mac Book, iphone’s and a bluesound node 2 and a bluesound vault. Everything was good up until I upgraded the firmware on my Bluesound devices and my Roon software. Now it crashes all the time, can’t see my Bluesound vault storage, and stops and starts on tracks stored on my core as well as Tidal.

So is any body else having a problem?

Ben

I’m having the same problems with my Bluesound PowerNode 2.

Sorry to hear about the difficulties you’re experiencing here, @ben_k!

Starting out, may I kindly ask that you please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

May I ask that you elaborate on the above?

• Is Roon completely closing? Are remotes losing connection?
  • How often does this occur? Have you noticed any patterns as to when this happens?
  • Are none of your tracks stored on the Vault showing up in Roon?
  • Can you share a screenshot of Settings > Storage
  • If you try to add a watched folder from the Vault, what happens?
  • Is this only happening with Bluesound devices? If you play to System Output, do you experience the same behavior?
  • Since noticing this, have you tried rebooting your Core, networking hardware, and affected endpoints?

@Cintra_Antonio, may I ask that you expand on the issues you’re seeing, and can you please provide a brief description of your current setup as well?

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Are you only seeing these issues with the PowerNode 2? Is Roon and your PowerNode firmware up to date?

Regards,
Dylan

Hi Dylan,

As stated I’m having real issues since the last upgrade of your software

So let me answer the questions above

ben_k:
Now it crashes all the time

May I ask that you elaborate on the above?

Is Roon completely closing? Are remotes losing connection?

Yes and Yes. My core is crashing all the time. I have reinstalled it with the latest software a number of times, but there is no change. Meanwhile, the remotes, on my mac book pro and iPhones are losing connection to the core. This is happening every day, even after restarts, reboots of the computers and restarts of the ADSL modem/router.

How often does this occur? Have you noticed any patterns as to when this happens?

Everyday, multiple times a day. This happens within an hour of re start. Be that I am playing music or not.

ben_k:
can’t see my Bluesound vault storage

Are none of your tracks stored on the Vault showing up in Roon?

Yes, no tracks are showing, only those I have on hard drive linked to my iMac core. To get them to see the tracks I have to go into setting and reset the proxy address of the vault in the storage category, even though Roon sees the vault as a player. I have noticed the proxy address of the vault is changing all the time, which wasn’t the case with a previous cable modem/router (I am also investigating if the router inside the new ADSL modem is an issue).

Can you share a screenshot of Settings > Storage

Not at the moment cause my remote has lost contact with the core.

If you try to add a watched folder from the Vault, what happens?

It can’t find the proxy. So I have to do this manually.

ben_k:
stops and starts on tracks stored on my core as well as Tidal.

Is this only happening with Bluesound devices? If you play to System Output, do you experience the same behavior?

yes. I am also playing though a B&W A7, and I am experiencing the same problems, but not as much.

Since noticing this, have you tried rebooting your Core, networking hardware, and affected endpoints?

Many times.

The router is a Optus ADSL modem 4 port router.

The power nod 2 seems to work better, but when the remotes can’t see the core I lose contact with the power node. That said, when I go to Bluesound’s own remote software, everything works well, over the same network. Be that access to the Vaults storage from the power node or TIDAL. The software can always see the hardware and the store and the linked music software services. As such I am now starting to use their average, but reliable software.

Please fix your software asap.

Ben

Hi Dylan,

So do I get a response? As things are getting worse on my end, as my app on my iPhone now can’t see the core unless I restart the core and the network.

Ben

Thank you for the update, @ben_k, and apologies on the continued difficulties.

I have enabled diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into what’s going on here. The next time your Core is active a diagnostics report will automatically be generated and uploaded directly to our servers

Once that’s been received, I’ll be sure to update this thread and pass the diagnostics over to the team for further analysis.

Regards,
Dylan

Hey @ben_k,

Thanks for your patience as we continue to investigate here. I’d like to propose a test that should give us some greater insight into what may be happening here. Please see the steps below:

• Create a backup of your Roon database
  • Locate your Roon database according to these instructions
  • Rename the entire Roon (or RoonServer) folder to roon_old
  • Relaunch Roon, sign in, and configure a new install — don’t add your local storage just yet, start by only linking your TIDAL account

Once you’ve done the above try to use Roon and play TIDAL tracks. Do you still experience the crashing behavior?

Regards,
Dylan