Lets see those hifi racks

I use 50cm deep USM cabinetry. The 35cm depth is too shallow for my equipment. Most of my equipment is on the top shelf, but I do have 4 middle spaces that are completely open in the back for cabling. The 4 bottom shelf’s are closed in the back and are used for LP storage. What I like about USM is that it is completely modular and very flexibly configurable. USM panels are metal, so I’ve custom made birch plywood bases to place below all of my equipment.

But messy but my old rack cracked one shelf so had to rescue the gear before more split.

Seriously need to do some audio overhauling here but lockdown / and Mrs work from home makes it hard as it’s in the office.

I’ll post the downstairs rack in the future :blush:

Myro HiFi Racks

One more option :relaxed:

Are those stands made from concrete?

Looks like it to me

Did someone say racks? OK, I’ll share.

From my seated vantage point:

Preamps and sources (cables change too often for management - this is hidden in a corner anyway…):

Video/network/audio distribution:

Amplification. Yes, I have some cable management to do. I just put in the little usb fans. Amazing the difference in cooling just a little airflow can make. And the cabinet was actually reasonably vented.

Roon core, control room for the back half of my man-cave (er, penthouse). Sadly showing my ML-23 belly-up with one channel dead. Tinkertoys were to build stands for the projectors aimed at the ceiling (visuals from the music).:

Give me time, I’m still working on embellishing it. Once done (which will actually be never) I will move to cable management and organization.

2 Likes

Wow James that is a Geek paradise :grin:

Cannot say what my wife would say without getting a forum suspension :grimacing:

She has her custom kitchen. She doesn’t come up much…

1 Like

So did the kitchen come first or did the music setup come first and she got her kitchen as a result… Asking for a friend :thinking:

1 Like

The kitchen was the first commitment but I got the room up and running before the kitchen was done. Really I think I had this room semi-functional before we unpacked any of the house on moving day.

It’s a complex relationship that also involved some purses, jewelry, a smoker, and our kids taking out large college loans.

There’s also a bar area with a chill lounge, so it’s not all geek. Or at least different geek.

2 Likes

Seems like a great man space

Works for me…

1 Like

Another SME T/T owner I see :+1:

1 Like