Let's Talk about what's Moving and Grooving you today! [2024-01]

No idea but

A) it’s by Marantz, generally produce great sounds
B) it’s free
C) you are enjoying it

Welcome to a wonderful world.

4 Likes

I went through the cd era and had very high quality players. I still have a massive amount of cd’s. I still listen to them via roon. CD is great.
Heres that inevitable but.
I eventually came back to vinyl. It was also when I had more time. My best mate really convinced me.
Its not that theres anything wrong with digital. But analogue sounds better.
I do think many vinyl remasters really mess things up though.
It took me a long time to hear the light and get back to analogue. Same goes for mono. Once again, my best mate convinced me.
I still buy cd’s. I treated myself to the Ian Carrs Nucleus 13cd live at the BBC set and its tremendous.
But…
I also think that many young people have such low expectations and dont actually care about sound quality. They listen on phones and expect everything on demand.
I had my first hifi at 17 and was hooked. Its a different world today.
Quality takes second place(at best) to convenience.

6 Likes

I don’t see the T433 in the database but perhaps try the forums at vinyl engine. I’d be interested to see a picture if you could post some.

D https://www.vinylengine.com/

Thanks, much appreciated.

1 Like

Yeah it doesn’t have to be or/or I think. I still buy CD’s occasionally, but I usually rip them and put them in Roon for convenience.

But the joy of holding a beautiful cover, carefully setting up a record, has just something… magical to it.

1 Like

Welcome to the club and remember you will be forever poorer and happy listening to your ever growing collection :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Wish you were here should be a better analogue source (and I re-iterate the should in that) given that it is an analogue original. It was one of the first I re-bought on vinyl along with a few other PF classics.
Saying that I am a Faithless fan and I hope that sounds great for you. Above all have fun and remember to buy a top hat and pocket watch for when you are dragged into the rabbit hole :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

Double check that model number please. I know some Marantz turntables came with the AT-433 cartridge. Best luck with it :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

While ripping some more CDs…

5 Likes

Well deserved holiday for you today.

1 Like

No holiday for me…lol
Going into work about 10am, just waiting for it to warm up a bit so can ride one of my bikes in :innocent:

2 Likes

7 Likes

Those hair styles…lol

2 Likes

Why? Didn’t realise you got black ice over there…. grin

2 Likes

No rest for the very wicked :flushed:

Couple of nice albums here

4 Likes

Looks like your weather is clearing out, good deal. Is the Duc ready to roll? You did check the tire dates :wink:

2 Likes

Yes it is and immense fun it is too, so light and torquey, it just leaps out the gate and can throw it around with just a thought of where I want it to go.
Between that and the Z650 I have a pair of very fun scoots.
Tyres,oh yes those, brand new!

2 Likes

Anything is possible but my old bones dont like temps below about 60 degrees F nowadays.

1 Like

Sounds like a good time. ATGATT and beware the oblivious cage drivers :+1:t2:

1 Like

9 Likes