Library content entirely disappeared again. Enough is enough

All music /albums in my roon library disappeared once again, for the second time in a month. There were more than 3600 Qobuz albums in library, the only three left showing right now are the last three albums I had added to the library.
( all albums added in my roon library are all from Qobuz service, albums added in roon library = my Qobuz favorites)

I see on here that it seems to be a frequent issue. It’s the second time for me in two weeks.

Its nothing else but an outrageous discontinuation in the service you provide and that I am buying as a customer. The problem is with your product, not with Qobuz at all, and I would appreciate to get quick assistance about this.
I’m very angry and considering not renewing my Roon subscription next November, if I can’t get the service I’m buying, and the functionalities I’m using it for. (organizing with all details a library of selected albums from streaming service).

( Plus we customers can only get customer assistance in a community forum !! And in a forum which is English speaking only… Not fit for european customers )

Looking forward to read from support and accounts, and to have the disappeared library content issue very quickly solved.

@support @accounts

With best regards

1 Like

The last time a major issue of this nature was experienced it was a problem with Qobuz and was resolved by them. The process is generally to provide sufficient information to allow the support team to resolve the problems a user experiences.

The community can, and does, contain various languages albeit after the use of online translation services to provide English translations, we as readers then try to help individuals resolve their problems and provide feedback which can, again, be readily translated.

2 Likes

I wonder if I ever will get a feedback from roon support or accounts team… In the meantime I am paying for a service which is discontinuated.
I have access to NONE of the content I spent so much time to edit, tag and organize by genre, and completed with so many information and tags useful to library browsing.
Anyone from Roon @support alive and around ?

1 Like

Actually this instance has been confirmed by QOBUZ THEMSELVES that the fault lies at their door not Roon.

Please take a deep breath and relax.
Yes it’s frustrating but throwing the dummy out of the pram ain’t going to help any I’m afraid.:sunglasses:.

They WILL come back and it WILL be resolved.

Have patience young Padawan :innocent:

And it is the weekend, support usually does not interact too much over the weekend.

However nothing much they could do right now in this situation I fear.

4 Likes

Sorry. To me Roon is a product I pay for, and Roon is a company, and a business, it’s not my “community” . Roon is a company selling a product I paid for, Roon team are people working for this company, and, hopefully, getting paid for that. I do sincerely hope they are correctly paid. But they are not my mates.
If there is a problem with the product ( problem being correct Qobuz integration within Roon, whatever the technical reason is and whoever is responsible ) , the fault lies with the company I bought the product from, (and it was not cheap.) and the issue must be solved by them. I should not have to deal with any other company except Roon.
I’m happy if some people around here have a community feeling towards Roon product, team and company, but for me such a way of seeing things is just a complete misunderstanding of the strictly commercial nature of the agreement between customer/buyer and company/seller, in our capitalist world.

8 Likes

You misunderstand here
Nobody is telling you that YOU have to deal with Qobuz at all.
What we are saying is that the fault right now lies with Qobuz and Roon are actively working with them to resolve.
So unfortunately you will just have to be patient until it IS resolved.
But I expect your library will return shortly

3 Likes

Other Community Members have tried to encourage a moderate response and I commend them for that. However you appear to be pursuing a more focused and commercial approach. So be it. In this case you should, perhaps, check out the Terms and Conditions. It is the T&Cs that outline the “agreement between customer/buyer and company/seller, in our capitalist world.”. Perhaps I can draw your attention to the following:

8.4 To the extent permitted by applicable law:

You acknowledge and agree that use of the Roon Software and Services is at your sole risk;

We do not warrant against interference with your enjoyment of the Roon Software and Services, that the Services will meet your requirements or will continue or that the Roon Software will be uninterrupted or error free or will be compatible with other third party software.

Roon has not broken their agreement with you. What they have done, and continue to do, is to seek to resolve a situation that is not of their making. The situation in question is a short term inconvenience. You can still listen to your music, albeit without tagging etc. Ultimately you, and only you, can decide if you want to renew your contract.

3 Likes

It does seem a little disingenuous to absolve Roon from this situation.

“Come on down to St. Alphonso’s House of Pancakes for a delicious breakfast of flapjacks and sausages. Call ahead and pay for your reservation.”

Sid and Nancy drive an hour to arrive at dinner time.

“Uh, the farmer didn’t deliver the sausages, so you’re out of luck. See our terms and conditions, and please don’t complain so loudly.” “Money back? Oh, I don’t think so.”

I remember when I was a freelancer and occasionally some twit would try to tell me that he hadn’t been paid by his client yet, so I couldn’t get paid. Those twits didn’t last long.

Taking responsibility for your product not working even when the reason is out of your control is just good customer service.

8 Likes

I’m not sure everyone is on the same page here…

I really don’t know if Roon are denying any responsibility or not, I don’t move in those gilded circles😎.

However it is a matter that is a little out of their control right now and whether you accept that or not it simply is not going to suddenly make it all work.

And that’s one of the main points is that I truly don’t believe Roon are just sitting there and saying" oh it’s Qobuz fault" and sitting back with their feet up!

Does anyone really think Roon need more of this carp than they already have suffered?

You can bet Roon want this resolved MORE than anyone else!!

2 Likes

Are you working for roon? @SukieInTheGraveyard are you their lawyer or legal adviser?

I did not get a single answer from Roon staff yet, not one yet. So I am very surprised that you all speak in their name telling me what they are or not doing to solve the issue

Already 3 people explaining me what roon is doing for us.
As for me, I don’t even know if they have read this topic and if they had a look at my claim. So how should I know and how do You know they are busy solving this issue?

I am complaining as customer. Just as the very ordinary and basic first thing a customer is entitled to do in case of dysfunction.

( I doubt 8.4 of T&Cs would be fully legal in all extents and applicable, for a company wanting to sell seriously within the UE. But again, @SukieInTheGraveyard are you from Roon legal team or else to answer to me this way ? Or are you Roon’s brother, father or grandmother ?)

3 Likes

Do yourself a favor…

Take a look around the forum and find the numerous Qobuz library problems.
You are not the first and probably not the last unfortunately.

No they probably have not read your post at all.

But the answers you are being given is because you are NOT the first and it is very well documented.

I’m out, good luck and I truly hope your library returns quickly.

5 Likes

None of the above. Just a humble customer and Community member. I’ve experienced the Qobuz outage issue and, whist it wasn’t pleasant, I didn’t get overly excited. Your library will return, but if you want to escalate further then familiarisation with T&Cs is probably useful.

3 Likes

I don’t want to spend hours and hours reading Roon support forum other topics about library problems.

What I am asking for from Roon Team and Room Company is just ordinary due customer service and assistance.
And what I want, and am entitled to, is a product that delivers what it was sold (and bought) to deliver.

This forum, for me, until now, doesn’t feel at all like proper customer service.

@Andrew_Webb thank you for the laugh, I really do feel like Sid and Nancy tonight.

Usually not over the weekend.

2 Likes

As you replied directly to myself , one last post.

I can understand that …but there is a literal gold mine of useful and excellent information within this forum and not wishing to investigate and peruse some of the topics could be doing yourself a disservice in the future.

As I said earlier, official Roon support is usually not to be found here over the weekend.

3 Likes

Then contact Roon directly.

2 Likes

Just for future reference, you can count on Roon not being available on their weekends. They will respond to mass outages, but not individual glitches. Also, it is highly unlikely that Roon will depart from the Community Forum model and postings; no chance for future telephone support. And third, I daresay that English will continue to be the lingua franca. I say all of this for you to have “eyes open” when you approach your renewal date.

While you are waiting for Monday to roll around, you might start composing the Contacting Technical Support form (see Roon KB) that will need to be provided in order to give you informed support. You should also include whatever troubleshooting steps you have already taken.

Good luck finding your content.

6 Likes

So, my library content seems to be all back tonight, after two days of interruption.
That’s a real relief.
Still, and since it’s the second time it happens to me in 2 or 3 weeks time, I would all the more appreciate to be given detailed information and due compete feedback from Roon support and account Teams about this issue, what happened and why, and also more generally about the situation for Roon customers using Qobuz material.
I am really concerned about the fact that it could happen again any time, and fear about ending by getting from roon a chronically discontinuous service regarding music library management of streaming material.

1 Like

I can understand your frustration but, as @AceRimmer mentioned, “this instance has been confirmed by QOBUZ THEMSELVES that the fault lies at their door not Roon.” As such I’m not sure what additional information you should expect from “Roon support and account teams”. How would it help? I imagine that Qobuz are working on the fix and that Roon are waiting for it.

Yep, it most certainly could, or maybe there’s another problem, or perhaps Qobuz will go out of business, and so on. In each of those scenarios railing against Roon will do absolutely nothing to fix the problem.

3 Likes

This is what lay behind my comment about terms and conditions (expressed in a unnecessarily officious way - apologies). Roon cannot guarantee access to Qobuz (or Tidal) or to any service that’s existence and function is beyond their control. The T&Cs reflect this. I agree that it’s extremely frustrating when this fault occurs.

1 Like