Library content entirely disappeared again. Enough is enough

Hi @FRED_PEREZ, you have our sincere apologies for the trouble here. I know this is a frustrating issue, but we are hopeful that it’ll be resolved permanently soon. Qobuz has confirmed that they’ve been working on some fixes on their end that will resolve this issue and they’re hoping it’ll be resolved soon. I can’t provide any specific timelines, but it’s definitely a priority for both us and Qobuz!

4 Likes

Andrew, while I enjoyed the story, I believe a (slightly) better analogy here would be buying something online, selecting a courier with super fancy service and then getting mad at the courier for not delivering your package on time because it the shop suddenly started labelling their packages in a way that could no longer be processed automatically by the courier.

Roon does not own or control Qobuz, so it’s not their fault if the integration does not work properly after changes made by Qobuz. What you can expect is that Roon would try to resolve the situation in cooperation with Qobuz, and that is exactly what they seem to be doing.

2 Likes

I stand by my analogy. As far as I’m concerned, if charge for a feature, you are responsible for providing that feature, period. If Roon can’t stay on top of the changes at Qobuz, then something is wrong with the relationship or the technology.

1 Like

But they don’t charge for the feature. The Qobuz integration is not a core feature or a paid add-on, it is a nice bonus for some Roon users. If Qobuz were to disappear tomorrow, it will not mean that Roon would stop selling their product or that they would change their price.

2 Likes

As has been mentioned, this isn’t a question of Roon staying on top of changes at Qobuz, this is a problem that Qobuz need to fix. No amount of effort from Roon will make an iota of difference.

2 Likes

That is only one side of the coin. Roon has so many features, which only work provided one has a tidal or qobuz account. Hence, it is quite irritating that Roon claims no responsibilities when these features do not work.

2 Likes

This thread is specifically about library integration. All of the other Qobuz (or Tidal) dependant features were/are not affected.

Roon staff have repeatedly stressed that they are working with Qobuz.

1 Like

Would you claim or accept responsibility for something outside your control?

1 Like

I guess we’re just going to disagree. It’s a feature that doesn’t always work. It is part of the package sold. Roon does not advertise that Qobuz integration is unstable or only sometimes works. It doesn’t matter whose fault it is.

1 Like

I sure would if I were selling it on to someone else.

1 Like

It’s part of their marketed feature set.

1 Like

Nobody advertises in this way. That’s what T&Cs are for.

About two weeks ago the vast majority of my library disappeared. I am 93% local files and it affected both local and Qobuz library items. The remainder had no rhyme or reason. Several reboots were needed for it to start building my library again. It took a couple hours, but it only lasted a day. I am glad I didn’t restore from backup and let it work itself out.

I say this to highlight it isn’t just a Qobuz thing. Things go screwy sometimes. It happens, but it worked itself out.

Your LOCAL files disappeared from your Roon library? That sounds serious… And the problem solved itself after “several reboots”? :thinking:

Yep. I started noticing tracks disappearing from my playlists, then I would look for the albums and they would be gone. It snowballed and albums started to disappear. I don’t remember what the end album count was, but it was in the hundreds and was what appeared to be random titles. It was worrisome because after a restart, it would still just show those albums and that low album count. I checked my HDD and settings and the Nucleus+ still had access to the drive. Nothing was wrong with the network. Forced rescans didn’t add the titles back and reboot of the Roon software didn’t either. I don’t remember what finally got it to work, but it started to scan the drive and added everything back with play counts a nd everything, but it took a couple of hours (7,950 albums).

I deal with problem solving at work all week, so researching this issue and submitting to support and waiting…and waiting isn’t something that I do when stuff like this happens. I just try and let it work itself out and play LPs and CDs until it does. I just try to be patient and PRAY it isn’t a corrupt database (again).

2 Likes

Qobuz integration is not at all a “nice bonus” as you wrote. This is nonsense. For me and many others, that’s the main reason I buy ROON. Qobuz being only source of our music library, if there was no integration between the two, I would never have bought it in the first place. For me, Roon is a great tool I choose to organize in the best and more efficient and dynamic way my classical music library, music source being Qobuz hi-res streaming.
I do hope Roon people read that.

2 Likes

Reading most of posts in this topic, I feel this roon forum is sort of a strange sect. Or Roon takes advantage of this “community” atmosphere, very sect alike hahahaha. This is hilarious how many people are defending Roon on this topic or in general, as if Roon were their mother or father, and not just a private business company selling yes a nice product and service, but selling it, not sharing it. So :
This here should not be a community of Roon fans ( I would never feel part of a community just because of a product I am buying, this is ridiculous), it should be a customer service oriented forum, a roon support service and forum. For users/customers. Not unconditional adepts.

5 Likes

Google would disagree:

Two points. First, it is customer service oriented. Many of the people here freely give their time to help other users. Second, I don’t know who you’re referring to but many of the people who you are categorising as “unconditional adepts” are frequently Roon’s loudest critics. Sure, for the most part, they’re a Buch of happy campers, but there’s nothing unconditional about it.

1 Like

I think those of us reasonably familiar with Roon over a long period trust them to do be doing their jobs, so we tend to be a alot quieter and more forgiving.

This doesnt change that part of me agrees with the OP in that for something that significantly impacts the service availability and therefore the reputation of Roon Labs deserves a quick response from support.

That this entire thread having been explicity flagged for support as well as being in the support section (which I also also means it gets active attention from support) is lacking even a quick response to say we are aware and working with Qobuz to resolve or whatever is deemed appropriate is not good for customer relations.

We know there are several posts from people all having different issues with qobuz and part of me is surprised that there isnt a pinned post from support to say they are aware of numerous issues and working with qobuz to resolve them. Especially as this has been going on for a while now and numerous people seem to be having issues.

For the record, I also find qobuz to be pretty much unusable most of the time in Roon (dropped streams, sync failures etc) despite that the qobuz apps on various devices are perfectly OK. Without other information, I would be also be annoyed and blaming Roon for this. I can semi-live with it as far as Roon is concerned because I also have a Tidal sub and I do basically trust the Roon folks. That said, I am very close to cancelling my Qobuz sub over this and if they ask why, then non functioning Roon integration would be the given reason.

I have been on the other side of the fence in this kind of thing (ie dealing with customer fall out due to partner tech issues) and I have to be honest, compared to how I have dealt with this kind of thing, I do find that Roon could improve in their public handling of this. I have to hope that behind the scenes there is some level of partner crisis management going on - regular resolution check point calls, agreed schedule etc.

If I were not a regular forum reader and poster and only came here because of a qobuz issue and got no response in the support section, I dont think I would be a happy bunny either :slight_smile:

4 Likes

But, there has been a response.

1 Like